E2: The Secret of Gemhold [Patlin Judging]

Patlin

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
ooc: yur hired!

ooc: Awesome! :)

I think I had at one point offered to DM this same bit of character backstory, if I remember rightly. Glad to be on board in some capacity! :)

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]If you want to understand more why Ridik act like that, read that post first in the Tavern thread.[/SBLOCK]

The door of teh backroom open and a small figure enter the place. It is reading a book and doesn't seem to be aware of the group there. Without leaving the book form his eyes... well, it is what everyone thinks but no one can see his face under that hood... the small figure close the door and trun around, going straigth into Rodimus, or more likely, the chair behind him.

As expected, the small figure bump into Rodimus, but his small weight doesn't disturb teh half-orc and the small creature fall on his back, teh hood falling. It reveal the face a a goblin who show a sign of surprise.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't knew you were here. Joe told me I could com study a bit here. I didn't mean to bump into you. That book is so interesting that I didn't saw you. The sage guild is very interesting for my study, I just discovered it a few days ago. If I knew they were there, I would have look at them sooner. They know a lot of thing... well, it is the purpose of a sage guild after all. They even suggets me to find to wizards... no, there was a sorcerer... a dwarven wizard and a hafling sorcer... yeah, that's it... no, it isn't... oh, I should have listen to Nezrak when he spoke to me about that... no, it was Nezrak his name... where did I pick that name... oh, well, I don't mean to interrupt your reunion, fi you don't mind, I'll just sit there, be silencious and read that book while you are talking. The common room is too noisy, they are leaving for an expedition or something like that. Oh, by the way, my name is Ridik. Sorry again to have bump you, may Russna enlight you with her knowledge."

On that, Ridik move around teh half-orc and go sit on a chair. As he did that, the silence come back in the room. At the great surprise of everyone, it seems that mouth can stop to talk for a minute.

[SBLOCK=OOC]I'll be gone until Monday. I'm giving a show this week-end...[/SBLOCK]

Manzanita

First Post
Percy cocks her head and the odd intrusion.

"Hello. We were having a conversaion here little one." she says crossly. She motions for the others to be quiet. This is a goblin after all, and the group is planning an asault on a goblin fortress.

If the goblin won't pull his head out of his book, Percy will reach out her hand, and, using her mage hand spell, snatch the book away, dangling it in the air just out of his grasp.

"Listen." She tells Ridik when she has his attention. "You can't just barge in here and sit. But tell me, do you know Nezrak? We are well known at the sage's guild. Could you be looking for us?"

To most humanoids, Percy is a stunningly beautiful example of the a female. Perhaps not to mountain goblins, but she does have a commanding personality.

Velmont

First Post
"You? Why would I would be searching for you. No, I was searching for two wizards... no, there was a sorcerer... well, two arcane spellcasters. I had a question to ask them... wait a second, no they were going to some mine. Yes, that is, and they told me I would have the chance to expand my knowledge even more if I would go with them... I must tell when they told me that, I was a bit absorbed by that book. It is 'Theory of Metamgic or the way to breaking spell pattern'. It explain how the spells written ins pellbook is not a definite box but just a pattern you can weave on to make it more than what it looks like. The study of such art is not an easy one, but once you have found the way to break teh box, you can apply the new pattern to other spells. That mean an arcane spellcaster could turn a fireball into a ligthning ball, or his corlor spray burst could cover twice the area. Or even more imprssive, you could go over all that mumbling and gesticulation and simply cast a spell out of you will. Really interesting... What we were talking about before?"

Manzanita

First Post
"You might be looking for us, Ridik. But who sent you. And, you wouldn't happen to be a cleric of Russna, would you?" Percy asks, smiling.

Dalamar

Adventurer
The half-orc monk furrows his brow as the goblin bumps into him, but as the small creature seems more like a nuisance than a threat, he ignores it.

SlagMortar

First Post
Nars tenses upon first seeing the goblin, his hand going to the sword at his belt. He quickly realizes this is in fact a highly strange goblin, and probably not a threat. He mumbles to Percy quietly enough to not interrupt the coversation, but not so quietly that the goblin can not hear. "I think he, er, spent to much time in the, ah, bar."

IcyCool

First Post
Gorefoot eyes the goblin menacingly, but otherwise makes no hostile movement. His eyes widen slightly at Percy's question, and he seems interested in the goblin's answer.

IcyCool

First Post
Manzanita said:
OOC: Gorefoot should look at the map more carefully. I believe there's more he knows...

OOC: I can't read most of the text on the image (I can only make out the word "altar" in one area). So perhaps you could give me an OOC pointer to what you think Gorefoot should be recognizing that his player does not? :D

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: I'm amazed that you can make out altar, that's gotta be the smallest word on there. In any case, Gorefoot recognizes the general layout of the mines and the cart tracks. Of note is the set of rooms to the north eastern side of the caverns behind the double door. Gorefoot could swear there were no rooms up there, but aside from that it looks like a perfect representation of the Gemhold mines.

Note that I'm pausing to let Velmont get back from his show. I'd like to let you guys do a bit more of the roleplaying before we delve into where you are going to go from here. As things are a bit open it'll largely be up to you which approach you take.

Remove ads