• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E E6 Pathfinder: this MUST have been done

wolff96

First Post
I've seen discussions before -- here and on the Paizo site -- and the general consensus was that PF breaks more orginically at 8th level. Many classes get cool abilities and powers at that point.

Of course, given the higher base power curve in PF, these discussions usually de-rail into whether or not E6-style and PF are a good match. :)

Set

First Post
I've seen discussions before -- here and on the Paizo site -- and the general consensus was that PF breaks more orginically at 8th level. Many classes get cool abilities and powers at that point.

that's the impression I've gotten as well, although different classes put the next feature at different levels, so matter where the cut off is, *someone* is gonna get hosed. Cleric domains get their second power anywhere between 4th and 8th. Wizards get their second power at 8th. But Sorcerers get their next perk at 9th, so 'E8' would be a nuisance for them...

Of course, you could just pick a few select 9th level perks, like the Sorcerer bloodline powers, or the Monks Improved Evasion, and bump them down to 8th level, just so that the classes who weren't ending on a high note get something to 'cap' their advancement that's as cool as what the wizards (and some clerics) are getting at 8th level.

But as long as you are doing that, you could go right back to E6, and bump the level 8 abilities down to 6th (reducing them, if necessary, to suit the earlier access), and then not have to worry about 4th level spells, if that's an important goal of your choice to use E6.

Kaisoku

First Post
The impression I got with E6 is that you'd probably want to make some of the 7th level+ abilities into feats/feat trees that you could pick once you hit max level (6th).

So really, 7th-9th level stuff should be fine with the right prerequisites, and under a watchful DM's eye.

Although, I guess that's what the discussion would be about. What abilities would work well as "epic" style feats for E6.

Remove ads