• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E6 variant Eberron Homebrew/Tomb of Horrors (Closed)

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'm looking for 4 potential players that can post once per day and might be interested in running through a Q'barra centered Eberron campaign using my current E6 variant.

I've attached the Player's Guide document which contains the variant rules and races (and some classes) regarding E6. My goal is to make this game my "weekend" online game, since posting seems to die down on weekends. Therefore the primary focus would be on players that can post on Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays. I'll still advance the game during weekdays if possible, but that's not the focus.

I'm in between running two different adventures. The first starts at 1st level and works its way up. The other starts at the capstone of the adventure, at the Tomb of Horrors.

All of the following assumes I choose to run the Tomb of Horrors focused game.

Characters will start with 36,000 xp. This would normally get characters to 9th level, but with the variant I'm using this just nets them 6th level with 4 bonus levels (bonus levels are detailed within the player's guide).

Note that if you choose an "uncommon race" or "rare race" you lose a small portion of your character's experience.

Uncommon Races start with 790 less xp, so 35,210.
Rare Races start with 1665 less xp, so 34,335. This means they also have 1 less bonus level.

Hit points are maximized for 1st level, and then 1/2 the maximum for all levels thereafter. That means a typical character would have (hit dice size)*3.5 hit points + 1 hit point per bonus level.

Last edited:

mfrench

First Post
I would love to try an artificer for an E6 game, if that is acceptable.

I've never done a play-by-post, but I'm trying to get into it.

I'm a huge fan of E6, but I can't get a live gaming group interested in it!

Scurry

First Post
Oh, man. I just found out about E6, and I think it sounds awesome.

Count me in as interested, tentatively planning on a fighter-type right now.

haven't heard about e6, having just got back on-line at home after a loooooong time, but i like eberron and it would be nice to get into an pbp to help pass time when i'm stuck here in the office with nothing to do on saterdays and such.

Eidalac

Explorer
Hrm.

Interested, though I have to check a few things to make sure I can play...

Tentative ideas are either a martial adept shifter or a beguiler of some sort.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I won't be using PHB2 character classes, though I'm fine with Bo9S. So feel free to come up with a swordsage/crusader/etc, but I'm not accepting beguilers and duskblades.

I wrote up an example character (without the magic items) real quick by converting an existing character I have the stats for. This is just an example to make it easier for players to see how such a character would look. I might do some other conversions if necessary to help illustrate things better. This character is simple (without the magic items and being a fighter type), but I thought that detailing at least one example would help people understand my variant of the E6 rules as detailed in the player's guide document I've attached to the first post.

Things in red are from bonus levels, or otherwise effected by bonus levels.

Luger
Warforged Fighter 6/Bonus 4 (35,210/40,000 XP)
LN Medium construct (living construct)
Init +4 Senses Listen +6, Spot +6
Languages Common

AC 21 (+1 Dex, +8 armor, +2 shield), Touch 11, Flat-Footed 20
hp 67 (3d12+3d10+24+4); DR 4/adamantine
Immune poison, sleep, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, sickened, energy drain, non-lethal damage, criticals, fast healing, regeneration, healing from spells of the healing subschool
Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +3, +3 save vs. fear

Speed 20 ft. (4 squares)
Melee slam +8 melee (1d4+4) bludgeoning
Full Attack slam +8/+3 melee (1d4+4) bludgeoning
Base Atk +6; Grp +8

Abilities Str 14, Dex 13, Con 18, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 6
Feats Adamantine Body, Improved Resiliency, Improved Damage Reduction (x2), Improved Fortification, Second Slam
Skills Listen +6 [5.0 ranks], Spot +6 [5.0 ranks], Intimidate -1 [1 rank], Repair +6 [5.0 ranks]
*Bonus levels give 1 skill rank each. In this case 1 rank was used to buy 0.5 ranks of each cross-class skills, and 1 rank was used to buy 1 rank of intimidate.

Battle Hardened (Ex): A warforged fighter is crafted for battle, ready to act at a moment's notice and hardened against terror. He gains a +3 bonus on initiative checks and on saves against fear effects.
This substitution feature replaces the standard fighter's bonus feat gained at 1st level.
Bonus Warforged Feat: At 2nd level, a warforged fighter can select any warforged feat for which he meets the prerequisites as a bonus feat.
This substitution feature replaces the standard fighter's bonus feat gained at 2nd level.
Improved Resiliancy (Ex): You are immune to nonlethal damage but lose the ability to benefit from regeneration or fast healing, even if you would gain those qualities through magic or the application of a template.
Body as Weapon (Ex): At 4th level, a warforged fighter gains a +2 bonus on weapon damage rolls made with his slam attack or with any weapon attached as a warforged component.
This substitution feature replaces teh standard fighter's bonus feat gained at 4th level.
Improved Fortification (Ex): You gain immunity to sneak attacks and extra damage from critical hits, but you lose the ability to be healed by spells of the healing subschool.

Progression
1st - Battle Hardened
2nd - Improved Resiliancy
3rd - Improved Damage Reduction
4th - Body as Weapon, +1 Con
6th - Improved Fortification, Second Slam - I
B1 -
B2 - +1 Con
B3 - Improved Damage Reduction
B4 -

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Alright, I think after looking over the players guide for Eberron E6 I'd want to play a Dragonmarked Heir, with either the Mark of Sentinels or the Mark of Storms. Basically the powerful scion of a powerful house with the powers of the dragons at his control.

Creamsteak

Explorer
That's fine with me. I should point out that some people (one of my roomates) don't like the class as I've detailed because they lack any weapon or armor proficiency. Note that I stick to that. However, it's also worth pointing out that you can fairly-easily multiclass 1 level of another class into the dragonmarked heir (fighter for example) without losing much. Or you could use feats for weapon or armor proficiencies. Or you could stick with the class and focus entirely on their other aspects.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
I'll probably take a proficiency or two as a feat. Frankly I think it's a decent balancing factor, because with the class features of Dragonmarked Heir I'll be (in my own little domain) more powerful than the best wizards in the world.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads