• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[EABA] Can anyone explain the accuracy rules.

davout1805

Explorer
Hello,

Can anyone who is familiar with EABA 1.1, explain the Accuracy rule.

I get the general gist, spend time aiming with accurate weapon get bonus to hit.

The rule states "An adventurer may take a major action on second and later turns to increase Accuracy by the time level spent, up to 3 or double its value, which ever is larger."

I understand the second part of the example, where waiting 8 seconds - which corresponds to level 6 - to fire a weapon with an accuracy of 6, would provide an accuracy bonus 12 (double the time level waiting). However why does waiting 1 turn (1 second) provides a bonus of 6
? Does a character just have to wait 1 round to get an initial bonus equal to the accuracy level of the weapon?

Thanks in advance.

glass

(he, him)
Hi!

I'm afraid I know nothing about EABA, but I noticed no-one had replied since yesterday and I just wanted to say welcome to ENWorld!

To be slightly more useful: If you pop over to RPGnet and ask there, you are probably more likely to find someone who can answer your question.

glass.

Last edited:

Aus_Snow

First Post
The rule states "An adventurer may take a major action on second and later turns to increase Accuracy by the time level spent, up to 3 or double its value, which ever is larger."

I understand the second part of the example, where waiting 8 seconds - which corresponds to level 6 - to fire a weapon with an accuracy of 6, would provide an accuracy bonus 12 (double the time level waiting). However why does waiting 1 turn (1 second) provides a bonus of 6? Does a character just have to wait 1 round to get an initial bonus equal to the accuracy level of the weapon?
I took 'double its value' to mean double the value of the Accuracy (of the weapon). Otherwise, you could wait and wait. . . and wait. . . and end up being ridiculously accurate, even when using a weapon that, well, isn't.

As for waiting one turn providing a bonus of (for example) 6, it takes some fairly sophicated tech (relative to setting, of course) to have anything above Accuracy. . . 4? It's in the same chapter anyhow, IIRC.

But yeah, spending a whole turn just aiming (even when that's only a second, in this RPG) really is that helpful. Which seems pretty realistic to me - I seem to recall a shoot-out example in either the same or following chapter, where one guy turns and shoots, and the other turns and aims, shooting the following turn (with a called shot to knock the first guy's gun out of his hand). And that kind of aiming (just for 1 turn) is only as helpful as the weapon in question is accurate.

Hopefully some of that, at least, is relevant. If not, I can have a look at the rules again soon, and try to sort out some stuff, if you're still wanting to, and are up for some discussion.

Either way, best of luck, and I hope it all works out for you. Oh, and welcome to EN World, like glass said!

Cheers. :)

davout1805

Explorer
Hi!

I'm afraid I know nothing about EABA, but I noticed no-one had replied since yesterday and I just wanted to say welcome to ENWorld!

To be slightly more useful: If you pop over to RPGnet and ask there, you are probably more likely to find someone who can answer your question.

glass.

Thanks for both!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads