• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eagle Eye (is like tabletop?)

Amellia

First Post
eagleeyeoff_thumbnail.jpg

I've been interested in director D.J. Caruso for quite a while, and so of course when his film Eagle Eye appeared it went immediately on my upcoming movie radar. I like the concept -- a mysterious voice is controlling Jerry Shaw's every move -- and I like the cast. And I REALLY like the director. He's going to be a big name before too long now.

But now there's a glowing review of the film on Ain't It Cool News, and I can't wait. What's more interesting, the reviewer compares the film to a table top gaming situation. He can explain it better than I can...

Harry loved EAGLE EYE at Fantastic Fest! -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.
You see, Shia LaBeouf and Michelle Monaghan are just your average nobodies. Folks just working to get by, the sort of folks you don’t really notice. THEN… extraordinary **** begins to happen – a voice directing them… rather insistently with perilous ramifications for those that do not cooperate… to do her bidding.

Just like a Dungeon Master, the voice is the source for all information for the characters, and just like an ***hole Dungeonmaster – if you piss them off, she’ll put you nostril deep in a bog of eternal ****edupness. The voice controls everyone and knows seemingly everything in real time.

Now – it isn’t announced what time period this is, but I’ve got the feeling it’s no further in the future than some time in the next 5-15 years. The world seems stuck in the same sort of paranoid-fed levels of personal rights infringements – and the question that is forced into the forefront of my mind through most of this film is… WHAT IF – the access that is developed to learn everything about everything is turned against us.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads