• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Early AD&D book trivia q

StevePerrin

First Post
I don't think my name ever appeared in an early AD&D book. I wrote some sourcebooks and such later, but not in the original books.

Perhaps this has gotten confused with the Gods Demigods and heroes story?

BSF

Explorer
Dang! I feel humbled just reading the thread. Umm, welcome to both Robin Laws and Steve Perrin! It is great to see both of you posting here.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Robin_D_Laws said:
I'm researching a book on the history of Gen Con

This is interesting. I'd like to know something that has bugged me for years. Way back when, about the early-to-mid 1980s, I'd get the registration booklets for GenCon. I enjoyed reading the synopses of the events, even if I had no chance of going. For a number of years, I saw that after a number of the D&D events, it would say something like "A Muffy Adventure" or "A Bob Adventure." I'd love to know what those designations meant, and the backstory for them.

diaglo

Adventurer
francisca said:
Are you sure it's not Jeff Perren you're looking for?

this sounds like the most logical mix up to me.

steve contributed to the bane of ADnD... WG7 Castle Greyhaw(c)k.

i'd say more. but i'm biting my lower lip and drawing blood.

Henry

Autoexreginated
One thing I like about the RPG Community in general is this very aspect; It's like someone asking a trivia question about Donald Trump or Steve Jobs, and the person in question pops up to answer the question personally. :)

Welcome, Steve, and hope to see you around again sometime!

P.S. Dave Trampier, if you're ever out there reading, give us a buzz to know you're well! ;)

Remove ads