• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Early-Alpha on the Website!

BlackJaw

First Post
I have uploaded our current drafts in one single file, although the chapters are not well integrated with each other. Read that as no attempt has been made.

The whole document is in RTF form and has around 60+ pages in it. A final draft might have twice that number or more when we are done. I imagine the component section will be very large.

Cosmonomicon Website

BlackJaw

First Post
Some ideas I think we may need to do:

We might want to combine the sections on setting and campaign into a single chapter because having them reference each other might make more sense.

Also, I'd like to see three ways of integrating the Cosmo into a game:

1) Flight is the primary theme/hook of the setting. Nearly all adventures involve flight. In this system, different character classes have default Proficiencies with vessel types much like character class do with armor and weapons. Extending your proficiency into other vessels requires feats. A number of new skills should also be included. Navigate, engineering, Specific Science sub-groups, etc. Maybe even Pilot and Engineer Core classes.

2) Flight exists in the setting but is not the primary concern of the setting, much like mounted combat in normal DnD. Feats and proficiencies do not apply to vessel flight. You use the Piloting Skill much like Ride. Piloting (Fighter) is separate from Piloting (Frigate). A few other skills are around like Navigate and engineering, Knowledge (science).

3) Flight is just for a short couple of adventures or a few special uses. Piloting works for any and all vessels, Engineering is the only other new skill. Sense Direction work instead of Navigate etc.

Leviathan

First Post
Mistake??

There is a gap of 128' between the size of a medium vessel and the size of a large vessel:

Medium Vessel 64’ - 128’
Large Vessel 256’ - 512’

I think it should be

Medium Vessel 64’ - 128’
Large Vessel 128’ - 256’!

Is that right??

BlackJaw

First Post
Yes, that was a mistake in the size table. Thank you for point it out to me.

It's already fixed in my files (not uploaded yet though)

----

Wyvern is mostly handling the planet rules, I'm sure he'd like to work with you. You could contact him directly through his e-mail. wyvern76@hotmail.com

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
I haven't worked my way through the whole thing yet but it is evident that a solid copy-edit is required. I volunteer. Where should I send my corrected version (assuming I actually knuckle down and do it?)

Remove ads