• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Early Western World D&D setting?

Flicker the Flareon

Champion of Alola
A game got me interested in the western style of D&D games. However, I'm talking about the age when the West was just discovered, not the style with wagons, horses, etc. that's also a film genre. Has anyone seen an early west setting? Homebrew included. Maztica and Chult have an ancient Mexico flavor, and the Tomb of Annihilation setting (correct me if that is Chult or Maztica) has more of a southern theme. So, there's no early west official setting. Please point me toward some homebrew if existent.

I think Gygax brought elements and/or characters from Boot Hill, a Wild West RPG into D&D, but I don't think there were adventures directly referencing it.

You're after something a bit earlier than the Wild West genre? - Based on the original invasion/colonisation of the americas?
Again, I don't think that there is anything directly referencing that, but there are probably a number of adventures where a superior force is encroaching into the PC's homelands that you could file the serial numbers off.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
A 3e setting, Northern Crown, takes place in an alternative fanatasy 17th century North America. It's a bit later in history than what you're asking for (it's post-colonization), but it might contain some elements that might be helpful.

GreyLord

Legend
Paizo has one of their APs (Ruins of Azlant) that has a setting sort of like the US's early colonial period where a colony is set up in a new land.

Remove ads