• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Earthquake

prodawg

First Post
Under the duration for the spell, it states 1 round. Does this imply one full round, starting on after my one action for casting and lasting till my initiative count on the following round? Or simply lasting my one round (ending on the end of my initiative)?
I'm thinking that it's the first one because the spell goes onto state "the shock lasts 1 round, during which time creatures on the ground can't move or attack." This would lead someone to think that the spell lasts one full round so during that time creatures cannot move or attack.
And if the spell does last one full round, someone who is caught in the fissure has a chance to get out. Would this be done with a climb check?
Any thoughts? Thanks in adcvance.

hong

WotC's bitch
It lasts one round, meaning that it keeps going until your turn comes up again. Spells whose effects take place entirely during the casting turn are "instantaneous".

thorn

First Post
yeah- full round sounds good.

As for the gettign out of the fissures. It says that a char cannot act from the shock- so I say you just die...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads