• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Easter Eggs" on "LotR: Fellowship" Extended Edition DVD

mooby

First Post
I know of the following two. Are there any others I haven't listed?

Disc 1:

1) go to "Select a Scene"
2) go to the numerical listings of the scenes on the right.
3)Scroll down to the last set of scenes.
4)select the last set
5)go to the scene titles (in the middle of the screen)
6)scroll down the titles, PAST THE LAST SCENE
7)a small ring icon should appear next to "New Scene"
8 )Click on it, and you'll see a really funny skit.

Note: I've been told that this has been omitted from UK versions of the DVD for being a bit too sexually orientated.

Ok, onto Disc 2:

1)Go to "Select a Scene"
2)Scroll over to the numerical listings of the scenes
3)Go all the way down to the last scene ( 48 ) and select it.
4)you will be bumped to the last scene listing in the midddle of the screen.
5)scroll back to the right, on scene 48
6)scroll down, and a shodowy icon of two towers should appear.
7)Select the icon, and you'll be treated to the theatrical trailer of "The Two Towers" (and there's scenes in it that don't occour in the theatrical release. I guess we'll have to wait for PJ to release another Special Edition DVD.)

Lady Starhawk

First Post
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I couldn't figure out where this was, I had heard it was on there but couldn't figure out where. You made my day :)

Lady Starhawk

KenM

Banned
Banned
thanks for the info, but i really don't like stuff you have to look for on DVD's. Its a movie, NOT a video game. I pick DVD's up to watch it, not try to look for hidden things. They should just list EVERYTING on DVD's normally. End of rant.

Bagpuss

Legend
mooby said:
Note: I've been told that this has been omitted from UK versions of the DVD for being a bit too sexually orientated.

Weird, but yes I can confirm it's true. The Easter Egg on the second disk is there but there isn't one on the first disk.

It irritates me too.

This reminds me of Easter Eggs in Nintendo and Playstation games. They are only in there to entice you to buy the video game magazine put out by the company to learn what they are.

If I pay for the game then I should NOT have to pay for something else just to use all of the features in the game.

Ranger REG

Explorer
I kinda like Easter Eggs. It's like a free hidden bonus.

As for the MTV Award Spoof of the Council of Elrond, it's not too sexually oriented for Brits. Besides, I never figured Brits to be more puritannical than us Americans. I mean, so what they show a guy's butt in a distant shot? :p

stevelabny

Explorer
Bitter about Easter Eggs?
Wow.
That's just... SAD.

They're just extra stuff. You don't HAVE to look for them. And you definitely don't have to pay for something to find out what they are. There's this thing called the internet.

The average easter egg is just a silly little clip hidden behind a selectable piece of menu background.
Like the egg on the X-Men DVD where Spider-Man shows up in one shot and everyone laughs.
The Harry Potter DVD makes you play games to get the deleted scenes but they listed the games as an extra on the box.

These things are just...FUN. You guys remember fun, don't you?
:) :) :)

steve

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads