• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron 3.5

~EE~

First Post
So, my friend bought the Eberron source book for our campaign. He did this for two reasons. One, he wanted to be a Warforged. Two, I wanted it to base the sessions around. Problem? I have it in 4e and we play 3.5. I can't bring it back because A: I've had it longer than 30 days and B: The store is like an hour and a half away. (Damn living in the middle of nowhere) So, here's my question. Is there a way that I could perhaps trade, if there is even a 3.5 version of this book out there, from another person on this site my 4th edition for their third edition? Don't bring the hammer down on me if this is against the rules and such. I dunno the rules. Yes, ignorance of the rules is not an excuse, but logically I dunno how this would be bad.

Kaladhan

First Post
What's wrong with Amazon?

At 4$, it's a steal.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Eberron-Campaign-Setting-Dungeons-Roleplaying/dp/0786932740/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261017174&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Eberron Campaign Setting (Dungeons & Dragons d20 3.5 Fantasy Roleplaying) (9780786932740): Keith Baker, Bill Slavicsek, James Wyatt: Books[/ame]

~EE~

First Post
My credit card does not exist. Plus, what would I do with this book? I have no plans to ever play 4e. This isn't a edition war though.

Wik

First Post
Why do you need the Eberron 3.5 book? Your GM already has it - do you really need multiple copies? The 4e book and the 3.5 book have similar "fluff" (ie, non-mechanics/setting info) - and a quick overview of the 3.5 book will give you an idea of the options that are open.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Why do you need the Eberron 3.5 book? Your GM already has it - do you really need multiple copies? The 4e book and the 3.5 book have similar "fluff" (ie, non-mechanics/setting info) - and a quick overview of the 3.5 book will give you an idea of the options that are open.
At a guess, because players sometimes become DMs? Because there is a little 3.5 player material in the book? Because he doesn't like Baked Beans, Baked Beans, and Spam 4e? I know that I would rather have a copy for the version that I am playing.

The Auld Grump

Vorput

First Post
I am the DM. I don't want the 4e book because I'm playing 3.5. If they're the same then I'll forget about it.

They're not the same- if you're DMing, you'll need the stats in the book.

I second TheAuldGrump's ENworld marketplace idea.

Wik

First Post
This whole "Every group needs multiple copies of the same book" thing totally goes against my own experience, but to each their own. Good luck!

Maybe there's some good used book stores that'll have it - I know there's one in Vic that currently has a copy of the book you're looking for, at around twenty bucks or so.

deadsmurf

First Post
I am the DM. I don't want the 4e book because I'm playing 3.5. If they're the same then I'll forget about it.

They aren't the same, the 4E campaign guide is designed solely for the DM where the 3.5 Campaign Setting was designed for both the Player and the DM.

On pure Theme, History, and general non-rules elements I wouldn't ever give up my ECG even if I was going to be playing 3.5. And the 3.5 setting book was pretty much the best book published in 3.5.

So unfortunately you won't be able to use the rules in the 4E book, but you will definitely get some USE of it if you can't find someone to trade.

Remove ads