• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Eberron] Beneath the Ice!

nonamazing

Explorer
The energy of Barandurr's faith washes over you all, bringing warmth to your spirits. The positive energy collects in a pool around the green stone. There is a sense of conflict: the greenish light flickers and an unearthly moan fills the room.

There is a sudden flash of green light, blinding you all for a moment, and a sensation as of a swift breeze rushing past your group. When your eyes have cleared you can see that the stone now glows light blue, as do the Warforged's eyes. You all begin to feel slightly more comfortable, all the more surpising because you hadn't realized just how tense you had been feeling until the subtle aura of menace was broken.

The construct is still badly damaged, of course, so it cannot speak to you. But it does now seem a lot less intimidating to you.

Speed-Stick

First Post
Karthak looks at the dwarf, a new found respect in his eyes "Well done! I am suprised I did not think of that! Yes, it should be safe to repair the Warforged now. Im afriad that is outside my area of skills though. I think curative magic should work on him however."

OOC: Nice Barkey. Didn't think of turning it. Also, when we go out onto the ice, Im using the spell list from the first battle, only Dispel Magic instead of haste

Krug

Newshound
Mong arches her eyebrows after Barandurr finishes turning the Warforged. "How can a thing of metal be undead?" she sneers. "But well done priest. Make an ally of it. Its axe might prove useful."

She is eager to get off the ship and stretch her legs. Being in such close priximity to the others was getting on her nerves.

Doomhawk

First Post
Barandurr's sudden display of divine power surprises Toshanharath, who had written off the dwarf as little more than a drunkard. He chastises himself for being so judgemental of others, but expecting them to see past his own faults. "That was impressive, Barandurr. Your faith has saved a living being and restored its freedom."
With a newfound respect for Barandurr and a sudden, optimistic liking towards most of the company, Toshanharath is looking forward to the chance to seek adventure with them in Frostfell, despite the danger.

Barkey

First Post
"Onatar be praised, methanks to ye." Barandurr seems to look slightly suprised still, as if he wasn't quite expecting what happened to happen.
"Les not dwell on it mates, mebbe I can help tha metal lad like Karthak says." Barandurr still looks a bit unsure of himself, but again begins to channel the positive energy of his god.

/ooc-usin cure moderate/

nonamazing

Explorer
At first, Barandurr's magic seems to have no effect on the Warforged. then, ever so slowly, the torn wood of the construct's neck begins to regrow. It takes a few moments, Barandurr praying and concentrating fiercely, sweat beading on his brow, before the wound is completely closed. You've all heard that healing magic works poorly on the Warforged, nevertheless, you can't help but be surprised at just how difficult it seems to be to repair one of these living constructs.

The blue glow in the construct eye's flickers for just a moment. Then its head slowly turns as it carefully looks at each of you. "thank you," it croaks, its throat and vocal apparatus obviously still somewhat damaged.

It seems to have some difficulty in moving--with your help, it manages to sit upright. "may the Sliver Flame recognize and reward your nobility, explorers. you did not have to aid me, after what i had done, but you chose to do so anyway. you would have my blessings, if i still had blessings to give." It shakes its head and looks to the floor, sadly. "i have been rebuked. my connection to the Silver Flame is gone, leaving a void in my heart."

"no doubt you are wondering who i am, and how i came to be here. my name is not deadweight--that is merely an insult that horrible Vol worshipper decided to place on me. my chosen name is Flamesaxe, and i am--was--a holy champion of the Silver Flame. i worked for Lord Boroman ir'Dayne, protecting his ship. and i performed my duty to the best of my capacity, until the night the Emerald Claw attacked." The construct's broken voice is filled with sadness and pain. "i failed. their leader seemed to be trying to surrender, but i could not understand a word she was saying. i was tricked into taking the docent component, believing it to be a translator. once i had accepted it into myself, i became a passenger in my own form, able only to watch as i committed atrocity after atrocity."

Flamesaxe looks at Mong. "you would have been right to tear my head from my body and cast it into the sea. one who has failed as i have should not be allowed to live."

[Barandurr] -
Knowledge (religion): The Warforged has lost his paladin abilities, and will not be able to regain them unless he recieves an atonement spell from a priest of his religion.

[Norderil] -
Sense Motive: As you watch Barandurr pray and try to use his magic, you begin to suspect that something is wrong. The dwarven cleric seems to be having some sort of crisis of faith.

Doomhawk

First Post
Toshanharath shakes his head vigorously. "Flamesaxe, you would be nothing but dead weight if we had done that, and you said yourself that name was nothing but an insult. You may not think much of yourself, but I guarantee you someone out there still believes in you." If I could be forgiven of what I've done, surely it can... a Warforged of the cloth, no less. His sins were not even willing.

Krug

Newshound
"Well with a name like Flamesaxe, I believe you must be quite a warrior. I do not know your type well, but I do not think you have the capacity for deceit. After all, metal cuts... or it doesn't. It is not one for subtlety," says Mong. "Take up your axe again and join us. I do not apologise for wanting to cast your head into the sea, but if you seek to redeem yourself, there is much oppportunity to do so."

nonamazing

Explorer
The Warforged is silent for a few moments, obviously overwhelmed.

"thank you for your words. but i cannot be of help to you here," Flamesaxe says grimly. "i have lost the powers granted to me by the grace of the Silver Flame. i am no longer a paladin, and without my ability to heal myself, i would be a drain on your resources. not to mention that i would have to try and cross the ice--and i am far heavier than any of you. the risk that i would break through the ice is too great, since it may mean that some of you might be dragged down with me. no, i cannot come with you, though i wish that i could."

"still, i should aid your efforts in such small ways as i can. thusly, i will do my best to keep your allies aboard this ship safe. furthermore, i would be honored if one of you would bear my shield." Flamesaxe indicates the red and white shield standing in the corner. "it was given to me by the Voice of the Flame herself. it carries a strong protective magic which i feel will be of great use to you."​

Note: Flamesaxe's Gift is a large metal shield made of flametouched iron. It has a +1 enhancement bonus, and can be used to cast bless 1/day.

Barkey

First Post
"Lissen boyo, tha shield was given to ya by tha lady herself. I'd be thinkin to keep it if I were ye." Barandurr gives him a hard look," And dont ye be doubtin yerself, gods are a fickle bunch, they be carin about quality they say important, I say, maybe what they say is important, aint really that important ta begin with. Although, I won be speakin for me mates here, if one cares ta take the shield, I cin understand the honor in takin it."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads