• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Eberron] Eladrin als Aerenalelfs

Evil DM

First Post
Hi folks,

if I got this right the distinction between elfs and eladrin results from the fact that some people see the elfs as nature bond rangers (archetyp) while the see in them the long living wizards of ancient might (archetyp).

So the Eladrin have a high affinity to magic (+2 to INT, +2 to Arcane) and thus I thought they would make a good figure as Aerenal Elves.

Compared to the normal elves which I would then call the Valenar Elves.

But then I ask myself if the Fey Step from the Eladrin makes that much sense as an Aerenal Elf.

Has anyone other suggestions what encounter power the eladrin / aerenalelf shoud have to fit with the ancient elven culture?

One the one hand I would appreciate some affinity to magic but on the other hand that would make every aerenalelf a wizard or warlock. Which they are supposed to be refering to their heir...

...oh you see my dilemma?

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Evil DM.

Mentat55

First Post
Maybe a positive energy/radiant magical power, that somehow reinforces the Aereni connection to Irian? Perhaps some sort of radiant aura that increases their defenses and does a small amount of radiant damage if attacked?

Last edited:

Siberys

Adventurer
As I understand it, both the Aereni and Valenar will stay as Elves. Elvish magic leans toward the divine anyway, and Elves make good clerics. Eladrin will stay as denizens of Thelanis.

Here's KB's Livejournal on the subject:
http://gloomforge.livejournal.com/11787.html#cutid1

As for a power if you did want to use Eladrin for the Aereni: Look up spells in the various Eberron books. A power kinda like Watchful Ancestors (MoE p. 103) could fit;

Watchful Ancestors • Eladrin Racial Power
The spirits of those who came before watch over their progeny.
Encounter • Divine, Radiant
Immediate Reaction • Personal

Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you gain a +1 power bonus to your defenses. Additionally, the next time you are hit with a melee attack, the attacker takes 1d6 radiant damage.
Increase to 2d6 at 11th level and 3d6 at 21st.

Needs playtesting and some tweaking, of course. Maybe up the defense bonus, but limit it to certain defenses (AC and Ref, or Ref and Will)

Last edited:

Remove ads