D&D 5E Eberron: Help me Workshop a Campaign Idea - Sora Katra's Goodwill Tour (& Espionage)

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
So I've been slowly trolling through Exploring Eberron and I got incredibly inspired by the expanded content on Droaam. Here's the concept:

The PCs are agents of Sora Katra. They are members of monstrous races whose job is to travel Khorvaire (specifically the central Five Nations) in order to spread good will for the peoples of Droaam, and show that they're not something to be feared in the eyes of the general public. Of course, they've also been tasked to secretly undermine structures of power across the continent; royalty, Dragonmarked Houses, religious institutions, are all on target. House Tharashk is really their only ally; but they're already seen as about as a

The idea is to build up legitimacy for Droaam on the world stage while also weakening systems of centralized power. This will, ideally, give Droaam greater power and influence once they have been accepted in the continent's political stage. Even more ideally, this will re-trigger the Last War, which Droaam can profit from significantly (Sora Katra's got her eyes on annexing the Shadow Marches and maybe even the Eldeen Reaches, if possible. Both locations have access to ancient and planar magicks and power that Sora Maenya insists is necessary to acquire.

Anyway, any thoughts or ideas for tweaks or specific adventure ideas? I've found some decent homebrew for 5e PC races such as Medusa, Harpy, and Troll (which I consider the three most necessary), but if anyone has any great resources for monstrous races in 5e they can share, I'd appreciate it!

ChaosOS

Legend
So, when considering PR moves it's difficult to mix both - look at how the Quori have ordinary ambassadors who are completely disconnected with the subversive elements of the Dreaming Dark. I would suggest either doing A/B party that they can swap between or just focusing on one of these plotlines, as Katra is too smart to risk contaminating her subversives by making them spend a bunch of time doing dirty work. One thing that might be better is have the party be the "clean" group but still have them be assisted by monstrous agents who do the bulk of the work but rely on the party to do key things. As an example, the subversives are going to steal a key piece of Cannith technology - but the party have to socially navigate the Gala and do the heist to let them in.

Remove ads