• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron in 09: The fiendish bovine (aka Keith Baker) spills some beans

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Keith Baker (aka Hellcow) has a big blog post on the forthcoming Eberron Campaign Guide and Player guide. He confirms that both, along with a “big adventure” will be coming out in 09, and other support will be provided online through the DDI.

Other print products are not planned, however “it's possible that there will be further print books, but that's entirely dependent on whether it proves to be economically feasible - so a lot will depend on how those core books do”.

Cirex

First Post
Some interesting stuff at the comments. I just asked if he can reveal about Warforged, Shifters, etc. being in the MM with PC stats.

I managed to spell Kalashtar correctly, but failed at spelling Warforged /facepalm.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
On warforged (in the comments) he notes:

I know that there will be Eberron-related articles in the next few DDIs...they've mentioned a Warforged articlewhich will provide the options needed to set warforged on the same level as all of the PHB PC races

Brom Blackforge

First Post
The likelihood of having additional material on DDI doensn't really do much for me, as I have no plan to subscribe to DDI. I'd be more likely to buy a worthy-looking Eberron sourcebook than subscribe to DDI in order to get whatever they're putting on there. I know that DDI saves WotC the cost of publishing a physical book, but they're also losing out on the people like me, who would rather have a physical book and don't want to subscribe to DDI.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
IRC, DDI will be free for the first month (and possibly beyond) and the article expanding the Warforged racial options should be in June. So it should be available to all.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
And that info will definately be in print (probably after being play-tested and expanded).

But, what about all the other stuff that doesn't fit in two books, after the free preview period?

jeffhartsell

First Post
Brom Blackforge said:
The likelihood of having additional material on DDI doensn't really do much for me, as I have no plan to subscribe to DDI. I'd be more likely to buy a worthy-looking Eberron sourcebook than subscribe to DDI in order to get whatever they're putting on there. I know that DDI saves WotC the cost of publishing a physical book, but they're also losing out on the people like me, who would rather have a physical book and don't want to subscribe to DDI.

I'm excited about DDI and getting dungeon and dragon articiles in PDF format. I'm also jazzed that WOTC will be posting pre-release beta versions of rules that will appear in later paper products. My guess is the bard, barbarian, druid, monk, and sorcerer will be on DDI before the PHBII comes out. Same with key Eberron material such as dragonmark feats.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Brom Blackforge said:
Ditto. I like buying books that I can read reviews for and decide whether to add to my campaign. I dislike subscribing to a service and hoping that something good comes along.

As a back-up, I hope some of these articles go up for sale as individual PDFs at least.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads