• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron It Is? [UPDATED & CONFIRMED!]

As I said in the other thread, the question is now whether we're just going to see DMs Guild and PDF support, or whether, once the psionic and artificer rules are set, we'll be seeing something more substantial in the way of an actual published book. I have a feeling that once the necessary rules are in place (with a likely rules expansion book early next year for new classes and races), we'll...

As I said in the other thread, the question is now whether we're just going to see DMs Guild and PDF support, or whether, once the psionic and artificer rules are set, we'll be seeing something more substantial in the way of an actual published book. I have a feeling that once the necessary rules are in place (with a likely rules expansion book early next year for new classes and races), we'll be seeing a full book, and this is just to whet the appetite and get things started...

lkj

Hero
So it looks to be a 140 to 150 page pdf (or e-book with benefits through DDB). This is more substantial than a 32 page nod and less substantial than a hardcover book. Obviously for those wanting a print version, this will be inadequate. But for those looking for a substantial treatment, this seems pretty ambitious. Though I do note that there aren't class options (like the Artificer). Wonder what the UA will be today . . .

Edit to add: And looking more closely at the announcement they list the 'wayfinder's guide' as a first step. So suggests ongoing support?

Seems like doing substantial electronic treatments might be a good compromise. Saves the cost of printing, avoids splitting fanbase in print products, but gives the material to the hard core fans who want it. Unfortunately, I've never been that into Eberron. Here's hoping for Greyhawk and others getting similar treatment down the road.

AD

Last edited by a moderator:

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
So it looks to be a 140 to 150 page pdf (or e-book with benefits through DDB). This is more substantial than a 32 page nod and less substantial than a hardcover book. Obviously for those wanting a print version, this will be inadequate. But for those looking for a substantial treatment, this seems pretty ambitious. Though I do note that there aren't class options (like the Artificer). Wonder what the UA will be today . . .

AD

According to the product page, the PDF is 176 pages. Sweet.

And the art released for use on dmsguild us fantastic, and has a ton of pieces that fit any weird fantasy theme.

Pretty excited for this. Eberron is a setting I had wanted to get to back in 3e, but never got around to it. Now I’m seriously considering setting my next campaign in Eberron. Looking at the TOC, I’m a bit surprised there aren’t any monsters listed.

Still, I wish there was a POD option for the pdf.

ccs

41st lv DM

AD

So it's 150 pages of fluff?
That you can already get? That all of you crying for this setting no doubt already have?

Meh.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Interesting. I'm neutral on campaign setting books. So Ravinica, Eberron, Planescape, are all the same to me as I've never played any of them. Greyhawk would be about the only one I would take a risk on buying sight unseen because of nostalgia. As they are released, I'll check them out. I think releasing a brand new setting for 5e makes a lot of sense and making that a MtG cross over moreso. They want to attrack new players and having a setting made from a much more popular game can help with that. It also puts new players and old players on the same footing in terms of setting knowledge.

For old settings, I would like to see them rerelease with updates for 5e on Dungeon Master Guild as PDFs with a print on demand option.

I'm also happy to see the new 5e Eberron book available on DnD Beyond. I would likely not buy it if only available as PDF as I hate reading in that format. But for $19 it might be nice to get so that I can use the new races, magic items, and monster in my game, even I never run an Eberron campaign.

SuperTD

Explorer
Press Release said:
"More enfranchised D&D fans may know that Keith Baker created the Eberron setting as part of the Fantasy Setting Search conducted in 2002, and the D&D team has been working with him to update the setting. The first step is the Wayfinder’s Guide to Eberron, a digital release in the Dungeon Masters Guild online marketplace, which will serve to collect feedback on adjusted races, dragon marks, new backgrounds and more. Fans can also use this document as a jumping off point to create their own monsters, adventure modules, and other tabletop content set within Eberron and put it up for sale on the Dungeon Masters Guild (dmsguild.com)."

Emphasis mine. This implies that the crunch in this pdf is still being monitored for playtesting and we may get a revised hardcover version later.

Remove ads

Remove ads