Eberron: Lord of Blades in Sharn

Crothian

First Post
This follows after the modules so House Cannith has the Schemas the Lord of Blades wants. The PCs though had one of their own captured by the LoB. The PCs made a deal with the LoB: they would transport him and five of his chosen Warforged discreetly into Sharn and their friend would get freed.

Now the LoB is in Sharn somewhere and very few people know about it. Rumors will start to circulate as the Crew of the Airship will talk and word through the Warforged groups will spread. What do you think the LoB will do? he is still after the schemas so at some point he will try to get them from Cannith Tower. He will also really be drumming up support from the local Warforged. I have some ideas of my own but would love to see what others can think of.

Crothian

First Post
blargney the second said:
My Eyes!

Dude, there should be some spoilers warnings on there. I'm playing in Emerald Claw right now. :(

Nothing was spoiled. Everything I mentioned happened outside the realms of the modules.

The Lost Muse

First Post
Well, in an alternative universe where I'm not moving before I can finish my campaign, the Lord of Blades is a pawn in the hands of the Dreaming Dark, and he arranges a meeting with merrix d'cannith. During this meeting, Merrix is replaced by a Psionic artificer changeling, and shortly thereafter, House CAnnith begins manufacturing smaller scale monoliths for distrubution around Khorvaire. (But I never used the adventures.)

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
Crothian said:
Nothing was spoiled. Everything I mentioned happened outside the realms of the modules.

My bad then! No harm, no foul. :)

On topic, I think what he does is largely dependent on what he knows and from there what he wants.
* Is there a Forge somewhere in Sharn that he knows about? If so, I'm sure he'd want to acquire it.
* Did Cannith slight him or the warforged in some way? Vengeance seems a likely course at that point.
* Is he secretly working for/with another organization? They could have a joint goal to topple another group.
* Have some warforged begun manifesting dragonmarks? Maybe he wants to meet with the appropriate house to ally with them. Or just destroy & replace them.

-blarg

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
If someone wants to hide in Sharn, they go to the Cogs. The Watch is a non-entity down there, and nobody asks any questions. Of course, the Cogs are also where the warforged labor gangs are, forced to work 20 hours a day by cruel taskmasters. The House Cannith functionary down there, Slogar d'Cannith, is a heartless man who views warforged as tools of House Cannith to be used as they are needed.

A Dungeon magazine adventure, Steel Shadows, deals with the warforged rights issues in the Cogs very well. Suffice it to say, the Lord of Blades is not likely to be happy with conditions down there. And he does have supporters in the Cogs, notably the vocal but somewhat dim Shadowblack.

Demiurge out.

Deadguy

First Post
It will be hard to take what he needs by brute force, I feel: Cannith Tower is likely too well equipped. Two other options come to mind.

(1) The warforged make up a pretty large part of the workforce of the Cogs. If he can get enough support amongst them, the LoB can bring production to a halt, maybe even claim the districts for himself. Once he has put enough economic pressure on Merrix, the baron may have to come to some deal.

(2) On the other hand, and thinking of Bladerunner, the LoB may represent the prodigal son returned to Baron Merrix. The two may be able to cut a deal where they cooperate to complete investigations, maybe even crank up warforged production again.

In many ways I prefer option (2) since it follows on from the party's actions. They've let the LoB in, and now he's changing the politics of Sharn, House Cannith and maybe even all Khorvaire. Of course it takes you further away from the published setting, but it does give the party a real incentive to sort out the mess they've created.

In the meantime, perhaps the LoBs presence starts to bring about a more general level of mistrust and paranoia towards Warforged. A pogrom against the 'forged actually makes a lot of sense in light of conditions post-Last War. And if Sharn swings against the 'forged, will that have implications for attitudes elsewhere?

And finally, in all this, we have the product of the Creation Pattern. There might be... repercussions if that gets to influence events.

Interesting times ahead, Crothian! Out of interest, did their actions surprise you in giving in to the LoB's demands?

Remove ads