Eberron Lost style, give me ideas

drothgery

First Post
Matt_Little said:
The characters will between levels 3 through 5 to reduce the chance of easy escape. If they do manage to find some easy way off the island such as a spell or magic item I didn't plan for, I'll simply not allow to work and claim it was something on the island.

Remember that this is D&D, not television. If they find a clever way to get off the island that you didn't plan for, then it should work.

JoeBlank

Explorer
I'm about to start running the World's Largest Dungeon, and it too has been making me think of Lost. The PCs will be trapped in the dungeon, not knowing entirely what is going on, and with limited supplies.

Still debating about whether to be anal about keeping track of water and rations, arrows, etc., but I'm thinking it will add an interesting element to the game. The same situation would apply to your Eberron, or any other setting, Lost-style game where the PCs are stranded away from a civilization. Make them think before every arrow they waste. Plus, depending on how soon they actually expect to escape, treasure value becomes more situational. A gem worth several thousand gold pieces will be nearly useless, but a clean source of water will be invaluable.

Remove ads