• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Eberron] Raider's of Xen'Drik

Erekose13

Explorer
Groswen Anamne, gnome akashic 3, search +11, spot +1, listen +8, ff AC 14

Upon entering the Valtosh Jade Museum a few minutes ago, Groswen was suprised not by any of the trinkets displayed but by their company. Having visited the museum before she had seen the supposed artifacts alongside those she knew to have come from Xendrix, nothing here really stood out not compared to the collections at Morgrave University.

She had sat quietly taking out her notepad and jotting down a few notes, forming questions in her head as she let those around her do the talking. A good story can come to you just by listening and it appeared that there were some very important people doing the talking. Groswen made sure to take down names so that she could consult the Akashic Memory later.

Vlad'dam, now that one suprised her. Such a minor house getting the backing of so many powerful forces. She had heard of them before, which was not a good thing. Regardless she wrote Jherod's name at the top of a page, taking notes on the young man who will be their employer and charge.

At the mention of the non-disclosure agreement, Groswen winces inwardly. Such agreements really hamper journalists. Nodding to Jherod as he looks straight at her, she takes the papers and reads them through thuroughly. She looks specifically for the loopholes that sometimes find their way into these type of documents, not by gnomes certainly. Finding none, she makes sure that she will still be granted rights to publish the story upon their arrival. With that clause in there she signs.

With question time open, she asks Jherod, "Well then I guess the big question of the day is, what are we after? Why do you need individuals such as us as well as Clockwork 10 from Mrs. Deneith?"

[ooc: sorry for being late, Im here.]

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Finding none, she makes sure that she will still be granted rights to publish the story upon their arrival. With that clause in there she signs.
Groswen finds that the contract is to her satisfaction. It is specifically stated that she will be released from her non-disclosure agreement once the expedition returns from Xen'Drik to the city of Sharn.
Erekose13 said:
With question time open, she asks Jherod, "Well then I guess the big question of the day is, what are we after? Why do you need individuals such as us as well as Clockwork 10 from Mrs. Deneith?"
"I can't really disclose exactly what we're after, but lets just say that it's a rather large archeological find of unprecedented breadth an inestimal value. Make no mistake, I'm here for the history and publicity this find will net me, not the money... I already have plenty of that."

"House Deneith was contracted as a standard bodyguard plus site protection contract. We filled them in on the specifics and they provided a rather elegant solution at an affordable rate. I daresay we're getting the better end of the deal."

Hobbes & Rik: [SBLOCK]You could have sworn that Mariana d'Deneith looked uncomfortable for a second as Jherod was talking about her house.[/SBLOCK]

tyrlaan

Explorer
Takis - Druid 2, Search +2, Spot +8, Listen +8, Flatfooted AC 17

Takis does the same as Xarut and examines the contract to ensure it conforms to what he was described it was. Once he is satisfied that it is, he signs it.

Tor L'Tha

First Post
X,Barbarian, Search +0/Spot +2/Listen +0, Flatfooted AC 18

X sees how Rezzin , Xarut, Mortachi and Groswen Anamne signs the piece of paper. If they go X will also go.
“Clockwork 10 famous indeed they are” “wonder if involved Lord of Blades is” says X to Plate as quiet as possible “work I do need” “I will sign” he stands up and takes some steps forward against Jherod Rhailand Halaster-Vlad'dam “advance money for oils, can we get?” he grabs a pen from the table and looks at Jherod “Xen'Drik long way ” “Over the water, beyond the teeth” he gets thoughtful for a split second thinking on the possibility to find Thaanas“Xen'Drik right place for X” “I will sign” does X says again repeating himself, he does notice this and concentrates on the task at hand. X sees over to Plate “we need things for water Plate, you know if expensive?”

Wile waiting for answer, he signs the contract.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
The dark elf captain shakes his head. "...warforged." he mutters. Standing up he announces "Well, if that is that, then I'll be heading back to da 'Fury. Assuming yer all comin' along be down at the docks, pier 17b 3 hours before dawn tomorrow morning. If you want to stow yer gear on board t'night, then make your way there around dusk." He nods to Jherod, puts his jaunty hat on his head and makes his way out the front of the museum, pausing only to say, "Boo." to a couple youngsters oogling an exotic jade handled silver shortsword on display near the cafe.

As X approches Jherod he shrinks back against Marianna d'Deneith. "Umm... err... no sir. The contract specifically stipulates that you get your share AFTER we return." Noting both X and Plate's size and weaponry, he adds "However, the Clockwork 10 will likely possess maintenance equpment suitable for a warforged. Feel free to speak with them when we board the ship tomorrow."

Tor L'Tha

First Post
Lobo Lurker said:
As X approches Jherod he shrinks back against Marianna d'Deneith. "Umm... err... no sir. The contract specifically stipulates that you get your share AFTER we return." Noting both X and Plate's size and weaponry, he adds "However, the Clockwork 10 will likely possess maintenance equpment suitable for a warforged. Feel free to speak with them when we board the ship tomorrow."

“X no good read” “I ask clockwork... tomorrow”
he turns on his heels and goes over to Plate “we shop togheter?”

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Hobbes Shifter Barbarian 2, Search+1, Spot-1, Listen+5 - Flat-Footed: 14

After seeing the rest sign the documents and noticing that no one has any real objections with whatever is written there I walk over and place an X near where everyone else has scrawled their names. Hopefully there will be a lot less reading and thinking once we get on with this adventure. After placing my mark I noticed that Mariana d'Deneith seemed to be out of sorts when her house was mentioned concerning the security of our expedition. Great, now what you have gotten yourself into again Hobbes. When will you learn not to trust anyone who thinks too highly of themselves.

Dropping the pen back down on the table I will continue to pace back and forth behind everyone and signaling the wench to bring some more ale and some meat again.

Looking at each of the employers directly in the eye I mention, "I am happy that we will be able to do our own exploring at certain times on this outing as I am sure we all have our private reasons for going to Xen'Drik."

Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Lon d'Vadalis nods to Takis. "I've seen some of your work on Garden Platform 6. The city caretakers group says that you've really turned it around. It'll be good having someone with your abilities along." He stands and shakes Jherod's hand. "Well Jherod, I must be going. Looks like you found a decent crew. I have some final arrangements to take care of. My uncle asked me to apologize to you... the birds will join you en route but the pack & load beasts should be loaded aboard just as soon as House Lyrander finishes the transport pens."

"I'll see the rest of you tomorrow." He nods to the rest of you and exits the museum as well.

G

Guest 11456

Plate, Warforged Fighter 3 : Search -1, Spot -2, Listen -2; FF AC 18

The young warforged waits for the others to sign and then she does so as the last one. She walks to the table and prints in large block letters 'PLATE'. Then she turns to the other warforged and speaks in that same raspy flat female voice.

"I am not in need of supplies."

Then she turns and walks out.

tyrlaan

Explorer
Takis - Druid 2, Search +2, Spot +8, Listen +8, Flatfooted AC 17

Lobo Lurker said:
Lon d'Vadalis nods to Takis. "I've seen some of your work on Garden Platform 6. The city caretakers group says that you've really turned it around. It'll be good having someone with your abilities along."
"It was nothing anyone knowledgable in the ways of nature could not have done. There just appears to be precious few of such individuals in this place."

Remove ads