• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Eberron resource request

My players might soon find themselves needing to sneak into Sharn. Does anyone know of published adventures that detail the dungeons beneath the city? I'm happy to covert from 3rd edition to 5th, but would rather not put a huge amount of effort in since my players might come up with some other plan.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
The 4E Seekers of the Ashen Crown also includes a goblin tomb found within the bowels of Sharn as well I believe.

Most of the Eberron adventures from Dragon Magazine also were heavily Sharn located, although those are harder to get obviously. But truthfully, ANY dungeon crawl module you have can be repurposed for the The Cogs beneath the city. It's really wide open.

Wasteland Knight

Adventurer
To my knowledge there has never been an official, published source that details the underground areas of Sharn.

The Forgotten Forge is a shirt adventure with a relatively small “dungeon”, and it covers a tiny fraction of the areas underneath Sharn.

I think players wanting to sneak into Sharn via the underground would need to contact a smuggler and arrange for passage or a guide. Use this as a framework for the trip, with as many or as few set piece encounters as you wish.

They might simply find a sewer grate (I would imagine there are many emptying into the rivers) and hope for the best! A guide would be sensible, but it would be difficult for them to find one without getting into the city first! - they don't have relevant background contacts.

Forgotten Forge looks to be too small to be useful.

I've found a generic sewer map which I quite like, and there is a map of part of the Cogs in the book it can connect to, I'm just looking for interesting stuff to put in it. There will probably be 6 level 4 characters.

ChaosOS

Legend
I'm not aware of any particular modules, although I do ask why they need to sneak into the city - it's a big city walking in is always an option. Anyways, there's a few themes you could pull on
  • The war of the Mark. Halas Tarkanan leveled the city ~1500 years ago, paving the way for the ir'Tain family to accumulate massive wealth in the rebuilding effort a few centuries later. His companion, the Lady of Plague, is alleged to have cursed the depths - are there strange, plagur-mutated creatures still down there?
  • Cults of the Dragon Below. Far away from the eyes of the watch, cults of the dragon below may make offerings to all sorts of profane creatures down here. Easy way to include any kind of fiend or aberrant presence mixed with some humanoids.
  • Warforged. Homeless and purposeless, the followers of the Lord of Blades seek to bring the fleshbags to their knees. They are constantly recruiting and could be planning an attack at any moment!

MarkB

Legend
They might simply find a sewer grate (I would imagine there are many emptying into the rivers) and hope for the best! A guide would be sensible, but it would be difficult for them to find one without getting into the city first! - they don't have relevant background contacts.

Forgotten Forge looks to be too small to be useful.

I've found a generic sewer map which I quite like, and there is a map of part of the Cogs in the book it can connect to, I'm just looking for interesting stuff to put in it. There will probably be 6 level 4 characters.
One thing to bear in mind is that it's not just sewers down there. There are layers upon layers of forges and factories taking advantage of the lower city's manifest zone to Fernia and the resulting lava flows, plus slums, the ruins of ancient goblin buildings, abandoned storage facilities etc. It's a big place in its own right, even before you get up to ground level.

One thing to bear in mind is that it's not just sewers down there. There are layers upon layers of forges and factories taking advantage of the lower city's manifest zone to Fernia and the resulting lava flows, plus slums, the ruins of ancient goblin buildings, abandoned storage facilities etc. It's a big place in its own right, even before you get up to ground level.
Yeah, I want it to be big enough for the players to feel a bit lost, but I don't want them to take months wandering around in what is nothing but an interlude.

MarkB

Legend
Yeah, I want it to be big enough for the players to feel a bit lost, but I don't want them to take months wandering around in what is nothing but an interlude.
Yeah, putting in a section where they have to go through, e.g., old Dhakaani ruins and see the remains of what was here before human civilisation, but then letting them get directions once they come to somewhere relatively civilised, would probably be a good intro to the city.

Remove ads