Eberron / Sunken city in Thunder Sea / Adventure Ideas

Kaodi

Hero
Minotaur Fighter 4/Druid 5 Monster of Legend w/Frightful Presence, Immunity to Polymorphing and Mind Affecting Effects, and Cold Subtype. Has survived for thousands of years, since the city was built.

Elemental

Explorer
A Stone Colossus, a war machine created by the giants and lost when part of Xen'Drik sank under the sea. Obviously, the PC's can't fight the thing straight up, but they could fight different parts of it as they animate (if you've played Final Fantasy X2, like that), go through it's interior passages to prevent their enemies from reactivating it and causing it to go on a rampage, or try and somehow retrieve the thing for further study.

Elemental said:
A Stone Colossus, a war machine created by the giants and lost when part of Xen'Drik sank under the sea. Obviously, the PC's can't fight the thing straight up, but they could fight different parts of it as they animate (if you've played Final Fantasy X2, like that), go through it's interior passages to prevent their enemies from reactivating it and causing it to go on a rampage, or try and somehow retrieve the thing for further study.

That is neat imagery. Hmmmmmmm.....

Solarious

Explorer
You're soliciting advice to haunt Cedious with again?

:]

The Stone Collosus thing is an excellent idea, because it will screw up all their water-breathing magics. I also recommend Mummy-templated Minotaurs of Legend as eternal guardians of their masterworks ala-Egpyptian tombs, and Drowned from the MM2 (or indeed the Grasp of the Emerald Claw module if you have it).

If you want a guardian of ruins, you can always bring in one of my patented Astraloths. It's not like the Giants, at the height of their glory, weren't capable of binding such powerful outsiders, after all. :p Since it's not capable of healing quickly, and the Astraloth in question is likely to be too powerful to defeat in a single battle, it would allow them to engage in a guerrilla-style tactics at high levels without being too cheesy. It works especially well underwater, where it has even more of a manuverability advantage over that of an average adventuring party.

Aboleths would be a great way to introduce the Sahuagin as their mind-controling master. If you want a fiendish theme, make Aboleths the spawn of Khyber instead of monsters from Xoriat; Khyber is perfectly capable of producing things like Cloakers and Medusas in addition to the Rakshasas and their Rajah rulers.

From the mist, insert air elementals or invisible stalkers that are a result of Xen'drik's cataclysm and have full concealment within the mists.

You need any more ideas? :]

EDIT: Oh, I thought you might like this picture. ;)

86712.jpg

Last edited:

Looks familiar :D

Yeah, this is in part my inspiration. From there its the the craziness of the Group. Its not posted yet but one new player for Creation Schema is an Undead Turning Dynamo. Incredible rolls 9/day. So I'm thinking twice about undead. I only use them if it makes completely logical sense which it does here but in a limited way.

You of all people Solarious, will appreciate what is below the ruins. ;)

Remove ads