[EBERRON] the Extraordinaries, 'A Terror Awakened, the League Reborn'

taitzu52

First Post
A frown grows on Neville's face as he sees his bolts hit the serpents heads to no avail. Worsened by the bite in his side. Realizing that he is about to be overwhelmed, he carefully moves back to the odd stone in the floor, and kneels down, trying in desperation to manipulate it further.

(OOC- Moves back, and Disable Device, or whatever else is applicalbe in this shot in the dark. Please let me know if this draws AOO by moving. I'll wait on the skill check if that's the case.)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Azreal, Half-Celestial Paladin/Warmage HP: 28/46 AC: 19

Azreal snapped back in anger . . . he knew his smite wouldn't work - it just seemed right to do it.

"I . . . didn't . . . even . . . want to go in this . . . stupid . . . tower!! Azreal cried out as he allowed his magic to come forth.

OOC: Either a divinely empowered Shatter (using 3 turnings, 5' radius spread at close range) if it will work agains this thing, otherwise, an divinely empowered Fireburst (5' Radius from Azreal). Either one should do (Fireburst [4d8+3] x 1.5 reflex half DC 18) or (Shatter 4d6 +3 x 1.5, fort half DC 18].

Prof Yeti

First Post
Taran Varnodel d'Phiarlan - Half Dragon Ranger/ Sorcerer

Taking a short step towards his nearest companion, Taran begins to speak a combination of words of power in draconic.

OOC - AC 22 with Shield Spell/ HP 19 of 34

5' step towards his nearest companion (Free Action), Cast Defensively - Melf's Acid Arrow (1d20+9=16) plus, Action Point to Concentration (1d6=5) for a Roll of 21 against DC 17 (Standard Action) Target nearest 'mouth' Ranged Touch - Melf's Acid Arrow (1d20+9=25) causing 1st RoundAcid Damage (2d4=7) forgot +1 Dmg from Point Blank Shot Total Dmg - 8

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Liera continues to put herself fully on the defense, realizing that she can probably do little compared to the others with these mindless tentacles.

OOC: Full Defense: AC 22

Bobitron

Explorer
Fury reaches back with a single fist and pounds it into the door once again, then backs up far enough for a charge.

ooc: +7, 2D6+4 dam, x2 crit, +1d10 damage on crit. Next round I charge, +9, dealing 8d6+4 damage and an additional 1d10 on a crit.

Karl Green

First Post
Bale curses and slashes into the second tentacle that bite him 1, cutting it deeply but not causing it to fall back as the other one had… now both “mouths” turn to attack!

Azreal calls out a great blast of fiery energy to melt the very walls of the Tower 2, scorching a section of the wall above the door… the whole Tower seems to shutter for a second, and the creaking of the wall echoes loudly throughout.

Fury quick jabs the area where the door was 3, clipping some rock from the surface and then stands back… reading a charge!

Taran moves away from one of the mouths and casting carefully tosses a greenish arrow into the nearest tentacle thing, burning it severely… but the mouth simply hisses as the acid eats away at it as it tries to again take its ‘pound of flesh’ from the half-dragon’s hide.

Neville leaps down the stairs and tries to find where the uneven stone on the floor was 4, he can’t find it right away… and yet he notices that the wall is almost moving! Morphing and shifting itself as it were… very much like he once saw something long ago… wracking his brain, he thinks that it was underground; in some dungeon in Cyran… a table that acted somewhat similarly… what did Briet called them… mimics or something? But he has never heard of one this big before, and the mimic’s tentacles that they face before had ‘sticky’ ends to them instead of rows of razor sharp teeth!

Swinging a wide, round-house arch, Marcus slams his cold-iron Warhammer at one of the closer tentacle mouths reaching out with hunger for him 5 catching it hard and yet only causing it a glancing wound.

Liera continues to hide somewhat behind Marcus and goes on the full defensives as the gapping, slobbering mouths bite, maul and try to devour the League members with renewed zeal 6. But their attacks seem clumsy and uncoordinated… only Bale suffers another deep bite on his right shoulder, while Azreal bears the brunt of the attacks as both mouth-things leave bloody jagged rips across his body! The rest are speared, if only barely… an a strange moan seems to issue from throughout the tower as it shakes slightly as if caught in a strong wind.

(occ Initiative Order for Round 2
21 - Bale
20 - Azreal
19 – Fury
16 – Taran
13 – Neville
12 – Marcus
9 – Liera and Tower

Results this round… (all attacks are +1 due to Marcus’s bless)
1 – Bale’s attack roll 8 +8 +1=17 as hit. Damage is 6+4 =10 points
2 – Either would work, so I will let you do the one that does the most damage… Tower Fort save for half result is 23, makes it. Dice roll is 5+1+7+6 +3=21x1.5 =31 taking 15 points of damage.
3 – Fury attack roll 18+7 +1=26 a hit. Damage is 6 +2 +4 =12 points of damage
4 – Secret Roll (getting a total of a 12), Secret Roll Two (getting a total of 21), Secret Roll three (getting a total of 15) ;) Ah-HA!
5 – Marcus attack roll is 11 +6 +1 =18 hit. Damage is 1d8+3 =6+3 =9 points of damage
6 – Tower’s tentacle ‘mouth’ attacks – Two vs. Bale =13, and 28, one hit; Two vs. Azreal =29 and 19, two hits; Two vs. Taran = 13 and a natural 1, both misses; Two vs. Neville = 18 and a natural 1! Two misses;, Two vs. Marcus = 17 and 18, both misses (so close); and Two vs. Leira = 15 and 17, both misses!
Damage rolls – Bale takes one hit for 9 points of damage, Azreal takes one hit for 8 and 6 points of damage for 14 (ow)… BUT that’s all! That’s it?!?!?

Conditions –
Azreal has taken 32 points of damage (out of 46)
Taran has taken 15 points of damage
Neville has taken 11 points of damage
Fury has taken 7 points of damage
Bale has taken 19 points of damage (out of 25)
Marcus has taken 7 points of damage
Liera has taken 10 points of damage
The tower has take 132 points of damage

Actions? Rolls? Bonuses??
/occ)

taitzu52

First Post
"It's a.....a mimic!" Neville shouts, "Look for a vital area, and jab it good, lads!" Completely unaware that the futility of his instructions is bound to frustrate his team all the more, he turns to the spot that seems to be morphing and fires two shots at it.

(OOC-Let me know if any rolls are needed.)

Bobitron

Explorer
Fury sets his feet into the stone with a crunch, then leaps with suprising speed toward the wall, setting his shoulder for the impact!

ooc: Charge +9, dealing 8d6+4 damage and an additional 1d10 on a crit.

Karl Green

First Post
taitzu52 said:
"It's a.....a mimic!" Neville shouts, "Look for a vital area, and jab it good, lads!" Completely unaware that the futility of his instructions is bound to frustrate his team all the more, he turns to the spot that seems to be morphing and fires two shots at it.

(OOC-Let me know if any rolls are needed.)

(occ if you want to 'look for vitals' as it were... Knowledge/Nature followed by a Spot roll would be good ;) /occ)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Azreal, Half-Celestial Paladin/Warmage HP: 14/46 AC: 19

Azreal fluttered away from the attacking wall of mouths and concentrated, allowing his healing aura to pass over his body.

"So that's the way it is going to be, eh?" Azreal called out to the tower. "Get 'em, Fury!"

OOC: Move, Lay on hands - heal 24 points to self. Didn't want to use it but I was getting too close to the edge.

Remove ads