Eberron -- The Forgotten Forge [RECRUITING]

penance

First Post
bleh, thats too bad, but I think that I don't want to take too many threads at once; wouldn't want too bite off more than I can chew. Fair enough; if you'd like something from me, you can drop me an email at dizkord (at) hotmail (dot) com. good luck!

And a bit of backstory:

Lex, the Unorthodox Paladin
Lex's story doesn't really begin until he was eight years old living on the streets of Ardev with his parents. They met an exceptionally charismatic man and joined his group. Lex hated the man on sight. Even so, soon Lex and his family were eating better and living more nicely than ever before. Then the charismatic man began to talk about the sacrifices needed and the importance of loyalty. The group became increasingly erratic and people began dissapearing.

Eventually it was Lex's turn, and his own parents, enthralled in the cult they had joined, offered him up as part of a ritual to summon an ancient evil (Lex never did figure out the details.) And then the Paladin stopped them. A half-dragon female, paladin of Bahamut, burst in and saved him and eleven other children before the ritual slayings could begin. The head man cast his most horrible spells, and she laughed at them. He summon hideous mind-churning beasts, and she crushed them like insects. And when it was over, Lex felt safe for the first time in months.

After those events Lex determined to be just like her, and tried to become a loyal worshipper of Bahamut. Unfortunately things don't always turn out like you plan. For one thing it's a nightmare trying to join Bahamut's circle without and dragon blood, and Lex discovered that using disguises to pretend to be part dragon just ticked the priests off. Lex continued to try to do good anyway and some god apparently took pity on him, or just admired his style, because he gained the powers he sought and he's used them ever since to try to accomplish good and free the oppressed. Like that one girl with the wicked stepmother, who unfortunately became completely obsessed with Lex and started stalking him until he had to leave town. Actually that one didn't turn out very well, partially because Lex still has an unhealthy fixation on Half-dragons. But the main thing is that Lex is really trying to do good all the time, and really lives for chances to infiltrate cults bent on summoning long-dead evil gods. Infiltrating corrupt civic leaders, slaying vampires, and disrupting organized crime is all good and well but it's the cults that really get him excited. Now if he could just find one out to sacrifice half-dragon girls. . .

Itching to do PbP again but alas- I can't say for sure I can post / update as often as you would like plus it looks kinda busy / full already.

Good luck folks.

Remove ads