• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eberron: Voyage of the Golden Dragon?

Stormborn

Explorer
Child of Hypnos said:
does any body know anything about this? What it is? what its about?

IIRC its a series of adventures set around the maiden voyage of the world's largest commercial air ship, the Golden Dragon.

Imruphel

First Post
Stormborn said:
IIRC its a series of adventures set around the maiden voyage of the world's largest commercial air ship, the Golden Dragon.

Oh dear...: "I'm the king of the world!"

I think Eberron just jumped the shark... big time....

Stormborn

Explorer
Imruphel said:
Oh dear...: "I'm the king of the world!"

I think Eberron just jumped the shark... big time....

On the contrary. While your Titanic refrence is spot on, if you look at the pulpy, and to a lesser degree noir, genres that has been inspiration for a lot of Eberron's flavor travel aboard large vessels is a common element. Jumping the shark suggests that they have run out of material based on the core conceits and have done somethign radical and ultimately foolish in an attempt to draw attention. That is not the case here, rather it is incorporating an element that exists both in the source material and in the setting itself and bringing it to the foreground.

Besides, I could be entirelly wrong about what it is.

Imruphel

First Post
Stormborn said:
(snip) Besides, I could be entirely wrong about what it is.

I understand what you're saying and I could be wrong too. However, as a -commercial- airship it just seems like... well, it just seems like Eberron is about to jump the shark. Titanic is not pulp/noir (but it does give WotC an excuse to pump out stat blocks for a heap of commoners and experts... and maybe even multiclassed commoner/experts!).

Dr Simon

Explorer
Im confused as to why the adventure series should have anything to do with James Cameron's movie except for "world's largest commercial...liner".

My thoughts, since we're talking airships here, went more to Rocketeer or Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, which *are* pulpy references (and okay, Eberron airships aren't zeppelins in structure and mechanics but they are in terms of plot device).

My guess is, from what *I* would put in an adventure with such a setting, is that the scenarios will revolve more around espionage and/or murder mystery than a doomed romance. Somehow those seem more, well, do-able in your average D&D scenario!

Si

Obscure

First Post
Stormborn said:

It's actually a one-shot, not a series. From the WotC 2006 Catalog :

Voyage of the Golden Dragon
Ed Stark
The fourth stand-alone adventure for the Eberron campaign setting.
This low-level stand-alone Eberron adventure revolves around the maiden voyage of the Golden Dragon, an immense elemental skyship created as a symbol of peace by the Five Nations of Khorvaire. On the Golden Dragon itself and at the locations it visits, the player characters must unravel plots of intrigue against the ship and its important passengers. Though it in not necessary to play previous Eberron adventures before Voyage of the Golden Dragon, sidebars explaining how they can be linked together are included.
32 page saddle-stitched, $9.95

More like Murder on the Orient Express or Air Force One than Titanic.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads