D&D 5E EB's Curse of Strahd IC (Year One)

tglassy

Adventurer
"I've heard of Barovia. Legends of a land conquered long ago. The Lost King Gondegal used it as inspiration for his attacks on the city of Arabel. It's where he got the idea to use smoke powder and cannons." He pulled out one of his pistols, "Its where these came from. Well, their invention, anyway."

He studied the gates. "So...is this that legendary land, then? Never knew where it was. Didn't know anyone knew. Some kind of magic transported us, I suppose, but why?"

He looked down at Tilly. His voice was stern, but not unkind. "Get ahold of yourself, Little One. We've been in spookier places."

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

industrygothica

Adventurer
"I've heard of Barovia. Legends of a land conquered long ago. The Lost King Gondegal used it as inspiration for his attacks on the city of Arabel. It's where he got the idea to use smoke powder and cannons." He pulled out one of his pistols, "Its where these came from. Well, their invention, anyway."

He studied the gates. "So...is this that legendary land, then? Never knew where it was. Didn't know anyone knew. Some kind of magic transported us, I suppose, but why?"

He looked down at Tilly. His voice was stern, but not unkind. "Get ahold of yourself, Little One. We've been in spookier places."

"No, you haven't," Halo said. Her face had turned ghostly white, and her voice all but a whisper. "Hold your daddy tight, dear, and don't let him go."

"I've never heard of such a place. Is this even real? or some conjuration of the old woman"

"It's real," she continued. "Though I pray that it wasn't. As a child there was an old mystic in my homeland. She used to tell tales of a land called Barovia.. frightful tales that fueled the children's nightmares." Halo wades through the brush over to one of the massive stone heads lying at the feet of the statue, and gently caresses the intricate stonework.

"It is indeed old. The land is said to be ruled by a monstrous Darklord, and it is by his will alone that any are allowed passage through the borders of Barovia. If these tales are true, and it would appear that they are, then we are not the first to answer the Darklord's invitation. We're his playthings now, in a game that was never meant to be won."

Code:
[B]AC:[/B] 18; [B]HP:[/B] [COLOR=#FF000]19[/COLOR]/19
[B]Initiative:[/B] +0
[B]Saves:[/B] WIS +4, CHA +1
[B]Passive Perception:[/B] 12
[B]Languages:[/B] Dwarf, Common, Elf
Darkvision 60 ft.
[B]Skills:[/B] History +2, Insight +4, Medicine +4, Religion +2
[B]Stats:[/B] Str 16 (+3), Dex 10 (+0) , Con 16 (+3), Int 10 (+0), Wis 15 (+2), Cha 8 (-1)

-[B]Inspiration[/B]? [ ] Yes, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] No
-[B]Channel Divinity (2 uses per short or long rest)[/B]? 1.[ ] 2.[ ]
-[B]Blessing of the Forge[/B] used? [ ] Yes, [[COLOR=#FF0000]X[/COLOR]] No

[B]Spell Slots:[/B] 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Slots Used:[/B]  0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
[B]Spells Prepared:[/B] (6)
[LIST]
[*][B]Cantrips:[/B] Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame
[*][B]Domain Spells:[/B] Identify (*), Searing Smite
[*][B]1st Level:[/B] Bless (*), Cure Wounds (*), Healing Word (*), Sanctuary
[/LIST]
(*) can be cast at higher levels

[B]Money:[/B]67gp 0sp 0cp

[URL="http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?592543-EB-s-Curse-of-Strahd-RG-(group-2017-2018)&p=7261299&viewfull=1#post7261299"]Full character sheet[/URL]

hero4hire

Explorer
Digger snorted derisively. "Darklord...Well I don't play games. But I do kill Monsters. He made a mistake if this was his doing." Digger then continued towards the gates to enter the Dreadful Domain.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Assuming everyone follows...if not let me know.

The woods again close in around the party as they continue along the road. It seems unnatural that the tall untouched trees should just stop as if an invisible barrier keeps them from growing across the rutted earth. After passing through the gatehouse the clouds moved to converge on what little light the ancient oaks were allowing in from the sun. You walk on in a black and grey world with only the brown road to break up the monotony of the shadowy trees.

About another mile down the road, Digger (leading the group). Stops sharply. Irena nearly bumps into the big man, and before she can ask Digger puts a finger to his lips to hush her.

Then the tall tense man seems to relax as if some danger has passed. Irena finally catches the smell that brought Digger up short and crinkles her nose. Something has died and is now rotting away. Looking about she sees a pair of booted feet barely visible through the brush.

She gets Digger's attention and points to the bush.

EarlyBird

Explorer
OOC: Read Aloud:
The foul scent leads you to a human corpse half-buried in the underbrush about five feet from the road. The young man appears to be a commoner. His muddy clothes are torn and raked with claw marks. Crows have been at the body, which is surrounded by paw prints. The man has obviously been dead for several days. He holds a crumpled envelope in one hand.

The slip of paper has been sealed in red wax with a large "B" set in the center.

[sblock=Should you take and read the letter]
koylanletter2.png[/sblock]

Remove ads