D&D 5E EB's House of Randomness - A PotA Campaign (1 brave soul found/FULL)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Round update tonight, (no time while I'm on break). Just wanted to see if [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] wanted his character to get into melee? If so Barakas would need to dash this first round. He was a bit behind the group because he peeked into that other room, LOL.

EarlyBird

Explorer
So @hero4hire I think you did more dmg than you think - great make up for the round before LOL

Also you need to be using two light weapons until you gain the dual wielder feat. I thought Cyan had two short swords before - (when fighting the ogre) and that was correct. You bought a longsword to up her dmg. - and at LVL 4 with the dual wielder feat she will be able to use two longswords.

About the dmg -
you have 1d8+4(9) longsword + 1d6(6) sneak attack
and 1d6(5) shortsowrd = 20 dmg

I believe it should be -
1d6+4(8) shortsword + 1d6(6) sneak attack
and 1d6+4(9) off hand shortsword = 23 dmg

So she attacks twice and if she hits twice she does 3d6+8

I think that is how it works with her level of fighter.

hero4hire

Explorer
So @hero4hire I think you did more dmg than you think - great make up for the round before LOL

Also you need to be using two light weapons until you gain the dual wielder feat. I thought Cyan had two short swords before - (when fighting the ogre) and that was correct. You bought a longsword to up her dmg. - and at LVL 4 with the dual wielder feat she will be able to use two longswords.

About the dmg -
you have 1d8+4(9) longsword + 1d6(6) sneak attack
and 1d6(5) shortsowrd = 20 dmg

I believe it should be -

So she attacks twice and if she hits twice she does 3d6+8

I think that is how it works with her level of fighter.
Yep. Messed that right up. Thanks for correcting. :) I will use the twin short swords then.

EarlyBird

Explorer
NP, I thought you got the feat and the fighter ability switched. I have done it more than once. Cyan is a power house with the +4 bonus twice.

I believe it should be -
I thought only the prime hand gets damage bonus due to str/dex when duall wielding.

Two-Weapon Fighting said:
http://www.5esrd.com/gamemastering/combat/
When you take the Attack action and attack with a light melee weapon that you’re holding in one hand, you can use a bonus action to attack with a different light melee weapon that you’re holding in the other hand. You don’t add your ability modifier to the damage of the bonus attack, unless that modifier is negative. If either weapon has the thrown property, you can throw the weapon, instead of making a melee attack with it.

Not even the dual wielder feat fixes that.

Remove ads