D&D 5E EB's Into the Eye of the Storm - PotA Campaign - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
Mistress Irkell gives a shudder at Terry's words. "Dark things indeed deary," she says tossing her towel over a shoulder. "Not just monsters, but fell magic too. Fogs in the Sumber Hills in the bright of day, warm breezes coming out of the west, that until recently were always cold. Some may be a bit of travelers tales, meant to scare descent folk, but when three or more groups tell the same tales," she shrugs at this.

"If your interested in..."

*ding* *ding*

*ding* *ding*

"Well the town bell, could be that delegation at last. Closin' up!" she yells. "Everyone, come on, to the marketplace, let's see what the bell is about."

OOC: Let me know if you want to make your way to the town marketplace, everyone in town should be there.

tglassy

Adventurer
Captain Barakas moved throughout the tavern. The tall Teifling was an unusual specimen for his kind. His skin was a deep blue, the color of the sky during a raging storm. Those who looked in his eyes could see flashes of lightning across his iris from time to time. He had horns, like most Tiefling, but they jut back from his head and were jagged, like lightning bolts.

Not seeing his query, and nobody coming forward with his whereabouts, he finally went to the bar and ordered a tall drink.

He overheard the talk about the strange weather.

“A storm be brewing,” he muttered to himself.

When the bells started to ring, he followed the rest out to see what was going on.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Last edited:

Terry hurries to catch up with Mistress Irkell. "More than three groups of travelers have told you of the problems on the road?" Trying not to pepper the woman with a barrage of questions she doles out the questions slowly as they walk to the market:
"Are any of those travelers still here in town?"
"Did any of them see something themselves?"

EarlyBird

Explorer
Outside the Swinging Sword the sun has fully risen and starts to warm the morning air. You notice people from other building shading their eyes till they can adjust as they start of down the dirt track towards the marketplace.

Walking along side Mistress Irkell, Terry peppers the woman with her questions. "My. my you are the curious one aren't you." she says with a smile. "Hmmm... I don't believe anyone I talked to is still in town, it has been over a tenday or two."

She presses her lips and she gets the look of one in deep thought as she continues walking. "There was something I heard that seemed a fish tale at the time, the teller being full of ale and all." She goes back to smiling as if remebering something funny.

"A trader passing through said he saw a bolt of lightning, shot straight out of the ground and head into the air, instead of the other way around. Strange weather that would be. As I said before, fell magic at work."

The group soon reaches the marketplace and sees more than half the town gathered in the circular area, but no dwarf delegation or traders from outlying homesteads. The town constable Harburk Tuthmarillar stands on a cart, heads above the crowd trying to answer a dozen questions coming at him from as many directions. Finally he rings the town hand bell loud and long to silence the crowd.

"First. No the dwarven delegation has not been spotted along the road, and I have no information on when they will arrive." He sits the bell down and continues in a booming voice. "I have called every able body out to help in the search for Minny's granddaughter Pell. The girl did not return home last night, and I want everyone to help search the town and outlying area."

"Oh, poor Minny she must be beside herself,"
Mistress Irkell says aloud. The group from the inn stayed together for no other reason than there wasn't much space when they arrived. "Minny lost her daughter to Red Lung," the innkeep continues as the constable moves through the crowd sending groups of people off in different directions to search town and countryside.

As he approaches the Swinging Sword group, you notice an elderly woman slightly hunched walking along with him. "Kaylessa, good, good. Glad your here." the constable says eyeing all of you with an odd expression. "I'd like to use the Swinging Sword to coordinate all this. It s well know, in the center of town, and all."

"And the first place thirsty searches are likely to go, instead of to the meat market." Kayleesa laughs. "Sure, sure I'll reopen and take Brother Eardon with me so he can run messages." Before heading back she takes Minny's old hands in hers, but says nothing.

"You all are not of Red Larch, so I have no right to ask any of you... Oaf!" he starts to say before an old sharp elbow takes him in the gut.

"PAH-Shaw!" Minny huffs stepping in front of Constable Harburk. She looks everyone up and down like you were a horse she wanted to purchase (at a bargain to boot), before turning back to the constable. "You sent no one to Old Sevond's Tomb." she says waving a thin finger in the man's face. "And you know well enough why not. Old Sevond scare the lot of these townsfolk right to their graves. The old ghost sees all, and may have answers. If I were spry enough I'd be on my way there now. My Pell out all night, playing Ghosts & Goblins while there be real life adventrous types right here in town."

"Minny, Minny please. I gave Lord Sevond my word," the constable tries to say.

"Phst! That old ghost probably sees people like these once a day and twice during Greengrass," she chides the man. "You should send them, the blue boy there could scare that old ghost himself."

*sigh* "Yes Minny, I'll try."

OOC:
Of course this only works if everyone goes. Hoping those who want to get in good with the townsfolk will decide to help for that reason. (Cyan and Talinthos)
The good hearted will hopefully not need any pushing. (Terry and Niklos)
And then there is Barakas -lol- While most of the town was together you scanned everyone looking for Grimjaw, but the short, pudgy, pig-faced man was nowhere to be seen. Little insight into the conversation you were witness to leads you to believe that this ghost may know where Grimjaw is, if he does 'sees all'.

Hopefully getting the band together, if not I will have other opportunities.

tglassy

Adventurer
Barakas fingers his gold pouch. 30gold and some change. Not near enough for a new ship. If these people want help, maybe they can pay for it.

“I am Captain Barakas, Of no current ship and would like to remedy that as soon as possible,” he said, his voice sounding more smooth and attractive than his appearance let’s on. “If there be coin involved, I’ll search for whoever he like.”

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Talin thinks of the note from the Hand. He might be able to use this to get in better with the locals. He smiles at Minny and the constable.

"I'll lend a hand. Just point me in the direction of this tomb."

Remove ads