D&D 5E EB's Ravenloft Tours 2017/2018 OOC (FULL)

97mg

Explorer
Hi Folks!

EB has kindly allowed me to join in this dark and terrifying adventure with all you wonderful souls :)

He asked me to pass on a message that the game will continue after Halloween, and the extra character should help out for the long haul.

Twopaz Lapflat is currently going through the review process, just a bit of fine tuning before he jumps in. The character is a friendly and quick-thinking rock gnome who made a little mistake whilst trying to impress a mentor, and ended up trapped in this scary new reality, desperately looking for a way out and fellow travelers to trust.

With a background honed in the gem-trade, Twopaz has acquired skills not only in lapidary, but also book-keeping, investigation, some dabbling in wizardry, cunning, self-defense and theft. The best protection against the tools of criminals, was to learn them first hand (or mage hand).

I hope he proves to be useful! Not much meat for a meat-shield (the food in Barovia is dreadful), but he might have some tricks and info up his sleeve to make him a worthy companion.

Everything will be fine, right? :D

Cheers,
Ivan

EarlyBird

Explorer
Twopaz character review:
- AC should be 14 (if your wearing your armor)
- HP should be 31/31 (lvl-1:10, +7, +7, +7)
- Under abilities you should list Tinker: music box - just to keep track which device you have created at the moment or by listing none, to remind us you don't have one at the moment
- Also don't see Expertise listed under abilities, I think you listed thieves' tools on the pdf. In the RG you can list it as...
- Expertise: thieves' tools (+7), then the other skill
...and I don't see any of your listed skills with double your proficiency bonus (example: Stealth (Dex) 7 - expertise
- please list Thieves' Cant under languages
- missing one more skill choice; background gives you Arcana and History, and +4 skills from Rogue (I see sleight of hand, stealth, and investigation)
- magic missile not allowed as your one spell at 4th lvl, you must choose from the enchantment or illusion spell schools (you could switch it for identify if you wish)

Going to introduce your character to the game, not to the group. Up to you how you wish to play that out.

97mg

Explorer
Twopaz character review:
- AC should be 14 (if your wearing your armor)
- HP should be 31/31 (lvl-1:10, +7, +7, +7)
- Under abilities you should list Tinker: music box - just to keep track which device you have created at the moment or by listing none, to remind us you don't have one at the moment
- Also don't see Expertise listed under abilities, I think you listed thieves' tools on the pdf. In the RG you can list it as...
- Expertise: thieves' tools (+7), then the other skill
...and I don't see any of your listed skills with double your proficiency bonus (example: Stealth (Dex) 7 - expertise
- please list Thieves' Cant under languages
- missing one more skill choice; background gives you Arcana and History, and +4 skills from Rogue (I see sleight of hand, stealth, and investigation)
- magic missile not allowed as your one spell at 4th lvl, you must choose from the enchantment or illusion spell schools (you could switch it for identify if you wish)

Going to introduce your character to the game, not to the group. Up to you how you wish to play that out.

Thanks EB! I've updated him in the RG based on your feedback and advice :) Appreciate the help mate.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Ok--I've been gone for a while. Again. And I apologize.

As such, I've debated long and hard, and decided that I needed to drop my games here on EN World. Not because I don't enjoy playing, but because I respect all of you, and the game, too much to continually leave you in limbo while I'm off doing whatever IRL stuff I happen to have going on at the time.

The lack of d&d gamers in this town was, I thought, particularly astounding. For the life of me I couldn't find anyone. So I went out on a limb and tried something: I started a d&d Facebook group for local gamers, and I offered up my homebrew world to anyone who wanted to participate in a kind of 'living world'. Now I have close to 100 members in the group, and I'm running one-shots once or twice a week, in addition to my regular Wednesday group who I also managed to hook up with. I am constantly getting new characters to review, and writing quick adventures on the fly while fielding an ungodly amount of FB messages. Turns out that the local community wasn't dead--there was just no outlet. Inadvertently, I have now found myself at the head of it. Our FLGS is pointing people in my direction now when someone goes in to ask about d&d. I really am gobsmacked by the suddenness of it all.

I tell you all of this so that you'll know what I've been doing, and why I've been away for so long, and so hopefully you'll understand why I have to leave my games here. I just simply don't have the time to dedicate to them anymore, and I don't want to hold you guys up. I hope that you can find it in your hearts to understand, and forgive me.

And for the standard disclaimer: If you're in more than one game with me, you'll see this message again as I copy it to the others as well.

Thank you for understanding.

-IG

Remove ads