• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Eclipse Phase] Saturian Scavengers

Valmiras

Explorer
Zeph pilots the shuttle to toward the structure, his many arms adjusting the controls as if independent from one another.

He looks around to the others, tipping back the straw cowboy hat he put on his head as soon as he sat down in the pilot's chair.

"I can dock us there if no one has any objections?"

(He will, if there are no objections)

Edit: Sorry for the three rolls. Was trying to save the setup and hit three times.

vf-xx

First Post
Hold on one second. Just because work has been slow, no reason to rush into things. Let us get it right the first go round. Recommend we either loiter while it rotates so we get a full 360 view, or we orbit once.

[Jane, pull up the information Mr. Jackson sent us. Help me correlate the information provided with current readings now that we are on site.]

[Request acknowledged. Prioritize results?]

[Prioritize: Probability of high value items, speed of recovery, location in relation to docking ports]

OOC: I will use any sensors I have access to in order to aid the analysis.

While Jane and I figure out where the largest cash of scavengeable material is and how to get there, I suggest that the rest of you figure out if this 'roid is still habited. Also, see if you can figure out if the shuttle is still useful. Might be able to truck more salvage with it.

Friadoc

Explorer
"Yeah, let's take it slow. Let me come up with a security protocol for this salvage," states Cade. "I'd hate to have to argue my fees after coming in from a back-up."

With a look at the data and readings, as well as concepts common to security operations and salvaging, Cade will try and come up with the best course of action for approaching and boarding the supposedly derelict station. He'll aim for including most possibilities, such as there being others on the station, defenses, ambushes, instabilities, and the like.

OOC: I've scores of 50 in both Security Ops and Salvaging professions. I'll just make the base roll, and we can decided on bonuses or penalties afterwards.

Addendum OOC: Okay, I so screwed that one up. Seriously, don't play with the dice roller when you're brain drained. Learn from my lesson. *sighs*

Last edited:

Valmiras

Explorer
"Alright, alright. We'll hang back. Sheesh."

His annoyance is obviously feigned. His arms move about the controls, slowing the shuttle and positioning for a good view.

"Wonder what loots are available in there..."

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
"Yeah, let's take it slow. Let me come up with a security protocol for this salvage," states Cade. "I'd hate to have to argue my fees after coming in from a back-up."

With a look at the data and readings, as well as concepts common to security operations and salvaging, Cade will try and come up with the best course of action for approaching and boarding the supposedly derelict station. He'll aim for including most possibilities, such as there being others on the station, defenses, ambushes, instabilities, and the like.

OOC: I've scores of 50 in both Security Ops and Salvaging professions. I'll just make the base roll, and we can decided on bonuses or penalties afterwards.

Addendum OOC: Okay, I so screwed that one up. Seriously, don't play with the dice roller when you're brain drained. Learn from my lesson. *sighs*

Obviously, the habitat airlock is the best place to dock, since it is both clear of debris and currently unused. If it was a privately-owned scientific and engineering research station, as your information indicates, it is likely to have
significant security measures in place, though you cannot say how many are still active after fifteen years of being cut-off. If they're been running on automatic for fifteen years non-stop with no maintenance, it's likely many of them have broken down. If they voluntarily went dark fifteen years ago and the dereliction is recent, they could all be in top working order.

Hold on one second. Just because work has been slow, no reason to rush into things. Let us get it right the first go round. Recommend we either loiter while it rotates so we get a full 360 view, or we orbit once.

[Jane, pull up the information Mr. Jackson sent us. Help me correlate the information provided with current readings now that we are on site.]

[Request acknowledged. Prioritize results?]

[Prioritize: Probability of high value items, speed of recovery, location in relation to docking ports]

OOC: I will use any sensors I have access to in order to aid the analysis.

While Jane and I figure out where the largest cash of scavengeable material is and how to get there, I suggest that the rest of you figure out if this 'roid is still habited. Also, see if you can figure out if the shuttle is still useful. Might be able to truck more salvage with it.

While the debris field is making your sensor work more challenging, you can speculate that the most valuable salvage is probably in the hub, where most of the work was done. Personal effects of the station crew will be the salvage in the habitat ring, though there is no way to tell externally how much of it is there. For all you can tell, the station could be completely gutted, though the fact that you were sent out here to begin with indicates someone believes there is something of value there. Speed of salvage recovery is dependent upon the type of salvage and how fast you can physically move said salvage.

Friadoc

Explorer
"Okay, folks," relays Cade. "The big 'If' here is going to be whether security protocols are all worn out, or fresh and pretty, as we've no real idea when this place reached null pop."

"So I suggest we treat it like it's full of squaters who happened to be top of the line engineers and mechanics, right?"

"Basically that means we never split up into anything smaller than a group of two, and try not to go blundering around like a chaos generator."

"Cool?"

"I can host a tactical network that keeps us in contact and update, my muse'll drop the details to you and yours when ready."

ozedge

Explorer
While subscribing to Cade's tactical network Glitter starts to gear up, suiting into her vacsuit and checking weapons systems are all in working order.
While performing these relatively standard tasks she scans the shuttle attached to the hub, cross referencing any markings to see if it belongs to GDS-43 Torus or is just "visiting".

"Ready when you are guys, I agree with Cade's assessment, we should tread carefully until we know what we are dealing with.

Glitter finishes with a scan for mesh activity or any sort of local netowrk activity or signals. This scan stays up and is maintained by Max as the shuttle approaches.

Friadoc

Explorer
"It's a safer risk to meet resistance head on than it is to break a pressurized station on a rogue trajectory," states Cade. "The reaction of a sentient and their personal integrity on the business end of my shard pistol, if needed, is predictable. Slicing our way through that hull, waiting on it, hoping it holds until we're done...not so much."

Valmiras

Explorer
Seemingly oblivious to the conversation happening around him, Zeph quietly pilots the ship, fiddling with the controls almost compulsively.

Remove ads