Ed Greenwood Presents: Elminster's Forgotten Realms

DragonLancer

Adventurer
If it's system neutral then I might look into picking this up pending which era of the setting it is set in. I wish we would get more system neutral campaign settings.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I would like this book to have an early picture of Ed dressed as Elminster (from a con).

Or just lots of great fluff. B-)

I wonder which is more likely.

Abstruse

Legend
If it's system neutral then I might look into picking this up pending which era of the setting it is set in. I wish we would get more system neutral campaign settings.
Expect a lot of system neutral stuff coming out soon due to the press on D&D Next. Both this and the Menzoberranzan sourcebook coming out in several months are going to be system neutral.

Also, from what I gathered from the D&D XP transcripts and recordings online, it's going to be a combination atlas and history book for Toril. My guess is it'll be a timeline followed by sections on each area. "This is Thay. It started out like this and then this happened and it affected this and this and then this happened and it affected this and this and this and then this happened and that happened and this happened and they all affected this and that and this. This is Waterdeep. It started out like this and then this happened and..."

freeAgent

Explorer
Also, from what I gathered from the D&D XP transcripts and recordings online, it's going to be a combination atlas and history book for Toril. My guess is it'll be a timeline followed by sections on each area. "This is Thay. It started out like this and then this happened and it affected this and this and then this happened and it affected this and this and this and then this happened and that happened and this happened and they all affected this and that and this. This is Waterdeep. It started out like this and then this happened and..."

This would also be great.

Warunsun

First Post
Mmm. Since this is Ed's notes it will likely be largely system neutral but it also has a good possibility of including some character details in first or second edition style or potentially even third edition. We know Ed's game started during the first edition time frame. Since Hasbro is trying to get a nostalgic feeling going for this "super edition" they may well go out of their way to show statistics in all four editions in this book too. I don't mean they would have stat blocks for everything in all four editions but rather that one article might have first edition stuff in it and another might have fourth edition stuff in it. I bet this will be the approach since it doesn't sound like a campaign setting but rather more like a coffee table book.

M.L. Martin

Adventurer
Really nice cover. I'm not sure I'd get it though. I liked everything until the conversion.

What do you mean by 'conversion'? Because this is apparently the notes from Ed's home game, and that hasn't even reached the Time of Troubles yet.

Anyone else notice the conspicuous absence of a D&D logo on this cover?

Kaodi

Hero
I am not terribly sure how different a Keith Baker Presents: Eberron would be from the published campaign setting...

Remove ads