Editable Character Sheets (preferably HTML)

IronWolf

blank
Dimwhit said:
So how do you get the code? I went to the site, but couldn't see a way to grab it.

Ooops, the code is available at the home site:

http://www.3eprofiler.net/

The above site used to host the character sheets too up until recently. The designer has decided to stop hosting sheets, but is keeping the source code there for one to install on their own server.

jhkim

Explorer
kingpaul said:
Are you referring to adding equipment, equipping and then exporting? Just want to make sure I understand your frustration, as you don't directly edit your sheet.

Yes, but there are many examples of the general principle. For items, I have to find the item I want on the menus or I have to add it into the source material. That is, I can't easily type in "Rusty bronze key (found in shop)" on my equipment list. As another example: I have a special background option from "The Shackled City" adventure module. I just want to write a note down -- maybe under Feats -- that I have "Sign of Surabar" as an option. Again, I could edit the source t add this as a feat or something, but it's a pain when the only thing I want to do is write a one line on my sheet. Also, on my computer at least there is very noticeable delay with each operation. Now, there is of course a benefit to having PCGen handle things like encumbrance and other rules monkeying. But as it happens I am not so interested in those.

A reason why I'd like an editable format would be so I could change and customize the sheet to my liking. For example, if my character only uses one or two weapons, then I could potentially delete the blank weapon area and use it to write something else.

kingpaul

First Post
jhkim said:
Yes, but there are many examples of the general principle. For items, I have to find the item I want on the menus or I have to add it into the source material. That is, I can't easily type in "Rusty bronze key (found in shop)" on my equipment list. As another example: I have a special background option from "The Shackled City" adventure module. I just want to write a note down -- maybe under Feats -- that I have "Sign of Surabar" as an option. Again, I could edit the source t add this as a feat or something, but it's a pain when the only thing I want to do is write a one line on my sheet. Also, on my computer at least there is very noticeable delay with each operation. Now, there is of course a benefit to having PCGen handle things like encumbrance and other rules monkeying. But as it happens I am not so interested in those.

A reason why I'd like an editable format would be so I could change and customize the sheet to my liking. For example, if my character only uses one or two weapons, then I could potentially delete the blank weapon area and use it to write something else.
Thanks for the details. I'll bring this up with the team to see what they can do to encompass it.

Dimwhit

Explorer
IronWolf said:
Ooops, the code is available at the home site:

http://www.3eprofiler.net/

The above site used to host the character sheets too up until recently. The designer has decided to stop hosting sheets, but is keeping the source code there for one to install on their own server.

Thanks. Unfortunately, it looks a little beyond my technical know-how to set up. Too bad, because this looks exactly like what I've been wanting. Great for pbp campaigns.

IronWolf

blank
Dimwhit said:
Thanks. Unfortunately, it looks a little beyond my technical know-how to set up. Too bad, because this looks exactly like what I've been wanting. Great for pbp campaigns.

You can use one of the other sites hosting 3eProfiler sheets if it meets you needs. There are several listed at the 3eProfiler site. You can then create an account and start creating character sheets. Once you have them created you can then share them (fully editable) to another person with a user account on the server. So while you may not host it, that may be an option for you.

Remove ads