Editor bug

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
When editing a post, if I highlight a word I already typed and hit the button or press the key for bold, italics, underline or strikethrough, the paragraph(s) after it (but not the current paragraph) all gain that formatting. It also does it for color, font, and size.

This is a paragraph with no editing I typed before putting bold, etc. in the above paragraph.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yes, I had noticed this. It is bad enough to make me stop using the full featured editor.

CapnZapp

Legend
All Xenforo installations suffer from the same bug: the last paragraph gets the italics or whatever.

It's the same over at RPG.net, for instance.

There is some variation in how the bug manifests, though.

(Using Firefox if that matters)

Nagol

Unimportant
Maybe it depends on placement?

Here's an opening thought.

Here is where I get fancy!

Here's a final thought.

ETA Everything looks clean here too. (using Edge)

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Testing the editor. Hmm. Not having that problem.

Hi Morris - in your test it doesn't seem like there is a separate paragraph under what you were writing.

In other words, type two or more separate paragraphs with an empty line between them, then go up to the top one, highlight a word, and use the edit.

As a side note, I'm running current Firefox.

CapnZapp

Legend
Googling "firefox xenforo editor" brings up a couple of threads essentially confirming that it is a Firefox-related issue. The bad news: unless I'm misinterpreting, it seems to harken all the way back to 2016, and obviously it is still not fixed in production releases of the Xenforo software (the bug manifests here, on rpg.net and other Xenforo installations as well).

I don't see how EN World can fix this, apart from eventually upgrading/patching their installation. Unless it's a bug only Firefox can fix - I can totally believe if it is a low priority for them to help out people that "still" use old-school discussion forums... :-/

Remove ads