• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Educational system in DND

beowulf_gr

Villager
As a player in a high level campaign, we are using the rules of AEG Empire and I am currently the emperor of Halruua. I am also a quasi deity with Divine rank 0 and an evil Ogre half fiend barbarian. For obvious reasons I am now setting up a church or cult if you prefer in order to increase the number of followers etc and I was thinking how to aid this by using my empire. This is how I came up with the idea of estabilishing a sort of educational system in my empire. The general outline would be as follows:

• "Primary school" - 6 yrs, compulsory, teaches the basics (reading/writing etc, you get out of it with 1 or 2 levels of commoner
  • "Secondary school" - 3 yrs, also compulsory, some specialization, you get one level of expert.
  • "High school" - 3 yrs, optional, more specialization, 1 or 2 lvls of expert
  • "College" - Again obviously optional, you choose to train as a warrior, adept, or aristocrat
  • "Sunday school" for adults where if you go you will be getting some food and some recognition in the local community (By means of being allowed to kill ppl you don't like etc as you have the favor of the (evil) authorities)

Obviously this wouldn't be done for humanitarian reasons, but rather as a means of powerful propaganda and indoctrination, both for the worship of my character as a religion and as a tool to ensure loyal but capable subjects for my empire. (Any similarities with actual modern educational systems that accomplish the same goals is purely incidental)

The question is this. Do you think it's too far of a stretch for a barbarian, even with an INT of 15, to come up with this entire idea in a DnD world? How could I justify it ingame? Also how would you go about implementing this? Any input is welcome

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads