Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

"Rain?" Arthur asks.

"Assuming leather is not too precious, we could perhaps use it as an overhead cover of some sort?"

He then turns to Edwyd.

"As for non-violence, I have no particular objection but I must warn you that holding people back through sheer force of limb is, sadly, not within my area of expertise. Unless an angry glare would scare an entire mob."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"The rain makes it a bit of a challenge, indeed, but you're a resourceful lot. I have faith.

"As for me, no! I'm not coming along, I've got a province's population worth of pastries to prepare while you're all parading about with my pie, so you'll go it alone. Or rather, with half the city at your heels, if my reputation's any good.

"Speaking of preparing, I'd better head over to my shop. I'll expect you in an hour to pick up the pie. See you soon!"
Edwyd grins and heads out, first into the common room, then to the street.

OOC: Thanks, Trouvere

Any preparations? Purchases? Spells for the day? Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves.

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

Kaleva takes the map that the baker left behind and examines the route.

He speaks to his newly formed companionship, "I think we should look into hiring a cab. It would be the simplest way to keep the pie out of the elements. If the cab was open-sided or if the windows were large enough, I think that Edwyd would be satisfied that his creation is being properly paraded...."

He looks at each of the other adventurers then at his own gear, then continues, "All of the weapons that I have with me are designed to provide a lethal threat. That does not seem to be the image the baker wants us to provide. I have some quarter staves at my workshop...I think I will go retrieve one for myself, and anyone else that wants one. I also might have something there that we can use to help keep the pie dry."

Kaleva sighs, "I am not the most forceful fellow. Does anyone else feel like they would be successful in using words to control a crowd?"

[sblock=OOC]Kaleva is looking at the map to see if there is anything important about the route. Specifically, does he recognize the route? Does the route pass through any notable parts of the city that he would recognize or be concerned about. Does it pass by any notable landmarks? How long would he expect the parade to take?

It is my intention to have Kaleva craft an alchemy set. The conceit of the craft point rules is that the character has been working on the project in the background. So Kaleva has been doing some work with glassware, etc. Is it possible that Kaleva has some sort of glass vessel that could be used to protect the pie from the elements. I would spend the gold and the craft points needed to bring it into play.

I have Kaleva's normally prepared spells on my character sheet. Are you giving me the opportunity to choose different prepared spells?[/sblock]

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

Arthur shows his own quarterstaff.

"I'm covered on that front. As for er, "charismatic" solutions, I'm more inclined to either bluff or intimidate my way through such situations."

He ponders for a short moment before continuing.

"Since violence is not encouraged, I assume my bluffing abilities will be more appropriate."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Kaleva looks closely at the map...

The Red Dragon Plaza (where Edwyd's Victuals is located) is the eastmost point on a route plotted out in red. The route heads east, out of the square, to Merchant's Avenue, the main north-south drag of Orussus.

After a short time on Merchant's Ave, the route turns west along Allimon Street, another major Orussian street, running east-west. After about a half mile, the route turns right (north) on to Thunis street. A couple hundred feet further is 352 Thunis, Edwyd's humble abode.

The route passes by Rilithorne the Mage's tower. Other than that, there are few other notable locations on the route (Rinaldo DiSenzio's magic shop is on Merchant's Avenue, but not on the parade route).

All told, at a slow pace, the parade route is about a mile long and might take half an hour to walk.

OOC: You can select your spells, yes. Or you can just use your default spells. Alternatively, you could prepare nothing and decide later (paying the price in character, of course). Up to you!

Medina

Explorer
Kalli looks at Kaleva, somewhat concerned. "If someone picks a fight with me, I'm not so good at pullng my blows. If there's a serious threat to us, I can't promise there won't be bloodshed. I'll try and keep things under control unless things get really nasty."

Kaleva

First Post

Arthur shows his own quarterstaff.

"I'm covered on that front. As for er, "charismatic" solutions, I'm more inclined to either bluff or intimidate my way through such situations."

He ponders for a short moment before continuing.

"Since violence is not encouraged, I assume my bluffing abilities will be more appropriate."

Kaleva nods and responds, "We will have to use words where we cannot use force. I doubt that I am eloquent enough to make much difference, but I will support you or any of our companions as I can. If we do attract a crowd, perhaps it would be possible to convince some of them to act as our deputies to maintain order with the rest."

He responds to Kalli, "I suppose that we just need to make sure that things do not get out of hand. Do you want a quarter staff. I think that it would present the promise of protection, while not being overly antagonistic." He then asks his remaining companion, "What are your thoughts?"

OOC: Per my previous post, is it reasonable that Kaleva has some sort of glass container at his workshop that could be used to transport and protect the pie?

Kaleva's prepared spells are
0th: Message, Mending, Detect Magic
1st: Unseen Servant, Obscuring Mist, Burning Hands (Domain)

Last edited:

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

Arthur studies the map for a moment.

"So if I understand this well, we head east, south, west and then north to our destination. Is that right?"

rubisco

First Post
Petra, Fighter 1

Petra nods. "I believe so." She gives a little grimace as she wiggles the rapier on her hip. "Kaleva, I believe I will also need a staff. Hitting people with the blunt of the blade tends to be a bit dangerous, especially considering habits..."

She paces a little bit. "So we have the path covered. The question is whether we take a cab or walk, as well as how we will protect the pie from the elements. A leather cover might fare best, unless someone has something better stowed away?"

Kaleva

First Post

Petra nods. "I believe so." She gives a little grimace as she wiggles the rapier on her hip. "Kaleva, I believe I will also need a staff. Hitting people with the blunt of the blade tends to be a bit dangerous, especially considering habits..."

She paces a little bit. "So we have the path covered. The question is whether we take a cab or walk, as well as how we will protect the pie from the elements. A leather cover might fare best, unless someone has something better stowed away?"

Kaleva nods at Petra in assent. "I'll pick up a quarterstaff for you, and see what else I have at my workshop that might be helpful."

"Does the idea of hiring a cab appeal to anyone else? Is anyone willing to find one that might be suitable?"

Remove ads