Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
lets get this parade on the road

"thank you" Accepting the helping hand Karl stand and gets his footing after a bit.

A loud braying of a complaining tone is heard from itchy, "oh hush, I'm alright *mumble*worse then a nagging wife*mumble* " eee-awwww!!!!
Karl looks at itchy then Arthur. "sometimes i think that mule understands the common tongue."

itchy walks over to him and nuzzles karl, the equine breath causing him to gag.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
With the half-giant out of the way, the rest of the journey is a cinch. You find Thunis easily enough, and Edwyd's abode is precisely where he said it would be. Your "parade" isn't much of a parade, as only a couple of hangers on joined the entourage after everybody scattered during the half-giant incident.

Your ragtag band, the driver and his horse, Arthur, Karl and Itchy, and the two hangers on, approach the middle class residence with a bit of weariness. The drizzle has stopped, but the sky is still gray, and the streets still muddy. Outside the house, on the front stoop, a woman in her forties is waiting. Her hair is bright red, without a single streak of gray, and her apron is covered with flour. She's attractive by anyone's standards, though a bit on the plump side. Her arms are crossed, and she wears a worried expression.

There's a moment of hesitation when the cab comes to a stop outside her home. "Ah, hello there. ... Is this the...? Do you have something for me?

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

Arthur clears his throat before addressing the lovely woman :

"Miss Edwyd? We have a delivery coming from your husband, Edwyd Edwyd of Edwyd's Victuals."

Arthur grabs the pie, bows down before Edwyd's wife and presents the pie :

"He sends us with this pie. It has seen much on the way here so hopefully it's a satisfactory item."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Edwyd's wife takes the pie from Arthur. "Why thank you, sir. It's a shame about all this rain, but you managed to keep this nice and dry! Hmm..." She inhales deeply, and as she does, the sun pokes a few of its rays out from behind the clouds. She exhales slowly. For a moment, the noises around you go silent, and a sudden peace settles over the scene. She smiles and then *BOOM* thunder rolls from a nearby, dark cloud formation

She jumps. "Well, I'd better get this inside before it starts pouring again! Thanks again, boys. Edwyd's got something for you back at the store, I'm sure. And for the rest of you, free pastries at Edwyd's." She turns to go inside. "Farewell!"

OOC: Almost finished! Any last actions?

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

Arthur gives a quick farewell wave before saying :

"You're very welcome, miss Edwyd. We'll report the good news right away!"

He then turns to Karl :

"I must say, your help was quite appreciated. I'm not quite sure how I would have accomplished this task on my own had you not been there."

Finally, he turns to the driver :

"Since our task is complete, we'll no longer require your services at this time. What do I owe you?"

Scott DeWar

Karl unties itchy from the wagon and says, "I'm hungry, lets get to the pastry shop."

"EE haw!", echos itchy.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The cab driver says, "Well, standard fare's three pennies, but gods be good if I shouldn't ask for some hazard pay, after what me and this poor horse went through..." He holds out his hand and accepts whatever you offer him without complaint.

During the trek back to the Red Dragon Plaza, the rain picks up again. The two parade goers decide that it's not worth the trip in the rain, but they ask you to "give ol' Edwyd our regards, an' tell 'im we'll be in for a treat soon, eh?"

And so it is that you arrive back at Edwyd's Victuals, with one less pie and far fewer people than when your departed. You reach to open the door, soaked to the bone, and but before you can pull the handle, it swings outward. Two guilty looking patrons are on their way out, casting awkward glances behind them at the scene inside.

Edwyd's Victuals is practically empty. The shelves behind the counter are fully stocked with all sorts of delicious smelling baked delights, but in front of the shelves, a red faced Edwyd is having a shouting match with a man in courtier's clothes.

"I keep telling you, I explicitly told them to keep the swords sheathed! You remember, ever since that incident with the sellsword, we've gone more than a decade without any trouble at all!"

"They practically slaughtered a pack of friendly dogs in the middle of the Avenue, Ed, do you have any idea what kind of disruption that caused? As if it weren't enough that this annual ostentatious circus of yours empties our stalls already! Frandeth will be hearing about this, of that you can be quite sure!"

"Vernon, look around you! Do you think I'm any happier than you are about this whole mess?! My last two customers just walked out..."

Edwyd notices your arrival. Impossibly, his face turns a shade more red. Vernon turns around to see what he's staring at. In spite of Edwyd's obvious anger, he lowers his voice.

"Arthur, nimble of finger, is it? Where are the others? Did you lose them in the blood offering to Taurusk today?! Would you like to tell me what in Geoth's name happened out there?"

Both men look at Arthur expectantly.

[sblock=OOC]Oof. This post required a bit of research to do correctly, and of course that meant that I put it off for far too long. I apologize for this, my umpteenth delay.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Karl looks to Arthur inquisitively.

"Slaughter of dogs?" Looking to Edwyrd he says, "That happened before I saw him.We had a half-giant to contend with."

Remove ads