• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

epicbob

Explorer
OOC: That's unfortunate to read. However, you're not obligated if you hate it so don't feel too bad.

But if you're truly willing to stick this quest out until the end, I'm in.

If I may, I do have a suggestion for Live ENWorld until it picks up again. I was thinking this forum could let players start their own quests with their own rules and (maybe) own characters.

As it is right now, the complexity of registering a character coupled with the low traffic is, in my opinion, discouraging potential players who would otherwise join.

I understand the necessity of rules in a large community but right now, Live ENWorld's very survival is at stake and relaxing those rules for now could be the first step towards reviving this forum.

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

OOC: I am interested in continuing as well.

AS for LEW. Is the problem really a lack of players, or a lack of DMs? I thought about submitting an adventure to sort of pay back the community. Maybe I should go ahead and do so.

epicbob

Explorer
OOC: I am interested in continuing as well.

AS for LEW. Is the problem really a lack of players, or a lack of DMs? I thought about submitting an adventure to sort of pay back the community. Maybe I should go ahead and do so.

OOC: Thing is, DMs need players. Without being sure of having enough players, increasing the number of DMs is pointless, as far as I can tell. It would be a situation akin to too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Your enthusiasm inspires me! Ok, then let's do this.

I recommend we move general discussion about LEW to the LEW General Discussion thread. ;)

In the meantime...

The dog near Arthur makes a break for the horse-drawn cab.

(Dog 2 attempts to charge to E2, provoking an AoO from Arthur. Arthur?

Sorry for the awful map.)

Attachments

• street-with-stalls.jpg
    street-with-stalls.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 280

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

As the dog runs past, Arthur once again fails to harm the animal.

OOC: $^&*$%& I haven't hit ANYTHING :rant:

No problem with keeping that kind of discussion outside the quest topic. However, since it relates to LEW, can I still start that topic in the LEW forum?

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Arthur swings mightily and misses, once again, and the dog dashes away from him, hurtling towards Kaleva and the giant pie. It leaps into the air, straight into Kaleva's arms...

(Dog 2 charges Kaleva and makes a disarm attack, provoking an AoO from Kalli. Kalli?)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOG]Ah, [MENTION=99102]epicbob[/MENTION], of course, you can post whatever you like, wherever you want. I was merely making the suggestion. =)

If it's in the GD thread, then there's the added benefit of notifying any subscribers of new activity.[/sblock]

Medina

Explorer
OOC: Sorry for the delay in replying, for some reason I didn't get an email to say there were more posts on this thread. I'm certainely interested to continue to play in this one! Bat as epicbob said, don't feel obligated if you're hating running this - it's supposed to be fun after all, for the DM as well as the players.

Kalli takes a step back from the charging dog, trying to knock the creature away from the pie

OOC: I think my readied action goes off as well - to attack the dog if it made it this far. Not that it matters, since I'm pretty sure that's it unconcious.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The stray dog leaps into the air, flying towards the pie, a happy look on its slavering mouth. Kalli swings the flail at the dog and connects solidly with its ribcage, causing it to cave in with a sickening *CRACK*.

As if in slow motion, the dog falls out of the air to collapse in a broken heap on the ground. It is barely breathing, bleeding profusely from the hole in its chest.

(OOC: All assailants are down. Any further actions before combat ends?)

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

Cradling the pie gently in his arms, Kaleva looking around quickly to see if there are any lingering dangers. When none present themselves, he urges to coachman, "Please try to calm the horses, and stop the cab."

Remove ads