• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

Arthur walks up and adds :

"I agree! Our job was to protect the pie and as far as I can tell, it remains intact. Furthermore, we did NOT seek trouble with those "stray dogs" as you say."

He takes a moment to look offended before continuing :

"Besides, if you have the time to run all the way here at a moment's notice instead of running your pastry shop, it leaves me wondering if you're simply too lazy to carry this pie yourself."

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

"Stop that cab at once! What have you fools done to my parade? It's about delicious baked goods, not bashing stray dogs to bloody bits! My reputation is ruined! I demand that you return my pie to me immediately!" He holds out his large arms expectantly, huffing and puffing with anger and exhaustion from running.

Sir, this is precisely the reason that you hired us. You told us originally that you have had problems in the past with things becoming too unruly. What have we done wrong or what has changed?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Edwyd sputters and fumes for a moment, taking in the words of his hired team. Once he regains enough composure to speak, he blurts out, "Lazy?! You would first bring shame to my name, then insult me?! Is this the best sort of adventurer one can hire at the renowned Red Dragon Inn these days? What have the times come to?" He shakes his head gravely, angrily.

"I run a business of repute, I am the baker of this town. I looked to you to sort this out, I was as patient as I could be. But now I've had enough. Return the pie to me. I'll deliver it myself."

[sblock=Sense Motive DC 14]Something is off about what Edwyd is saying. You detect a wrongness about his words, though you can't quite say what, exactly.[/sblock]

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

Arthur closely listens to Edwyd's words, as if searching for something. However, he can't concentrate over Edwyd's wild tirade.

OOC: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF#$^#^#%^

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
Kalli gets increasingly angry at Edwynd, struggling to keep his temper under control. "Now listen here, I don't give two hoots what you do with the damned pie, deliver it yourself or no, but if you think you're getting out of paying us for doing the job you asked, you've got another think coming!"

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

Kaleva moves to interpose himself between the pie and the baker.

What is going on? He asks with exasperation. This is the reason you hired us!

With a glance towards the dogs being loaded onto the wheel barrow, he then looks quizically from the pie to the baker.

epicbob

Explorer
OOC: It's not so much this roll than the fact that almost nothing I've rolled has succeeded. Hopefully, Kaleva's pre-emptive Sense Motive check will qualify because he's the only one who succeeded.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Edwyd shifts from one leg to the other, debating something internally. After a moment of staring at the delicious pie, he makes a decision. "Fine. If you demand to be paid for a job poorly done, then fine. I will give you half. Will somebody tell me what that comes out to? "

OOC: Kaleva's initial roll indeed succeeds, and you can read the sblock text.

Remove ads