• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Edwyd's Pie Parade Brigade II [DM: Rae] [Judge: Trouvere]

Medina

Explorer
Kalli considers, and shrugs. "I guess half is fine. That's...." he thinks for a moment, "hang on."

Kalli starts counting on his fingers until he runs out, then starts putting his fingers down to try and get to half and mutters "divided by the four of us...". Getting himself into a muddle he curses and starts over.

OOC: Did we actually agree how much we were getting paid for this? I can't find it in the threads, only acknowledgement from Edwyd that we would be paid.

epicbob

Explorer
Seeing that Kaleva is noticing something off, Arthur decides to attempt a bluff.

"You can't even remember something as simple as that? Well, here is a little refresher. You had told us our task was to parade this pie along this street and then turn around to your shop. You would then pay us 50 gold pieces each. Is there anything else you need?"

OOC: FINALLY a good roll! :D Now let's hope the fake Edwyd opposed roll doesn't beat me!

Last edited:

Kaleva

First Post
Kaleva, Cloistered Cleric 1

Seeing that Kaleva is noticing something off, Arthur decides to attempt a bluff.

"You can't even remember something as simple as that? Well, here is a little refresher. You had told us our task was to parade this pie along this street and then turn around to your shop. You would then pay us 50 gold pieces each. Is there anything else you need?"

Kaleva waits expectantly to see how the baker responds to Arthur's question. The man still has not answered his repeated question.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOG: Thanks, Kaleva. =)

Edwyd stares at Arthur for a long time. Finally, he says, "Confound it you fool, you can't even remember that this pie is for my wife?! Fifty gold for each of you, pfah! If all it costs to get my anniversary gift out of your incompetent hands is ten dragons, then that is a price I am happy to pay."

The large man, panting with exhaustion from his run and now his angry ranting, pulls out a purse and takes out ten pieces of platinum, casting glares at you as he counts. "There. May I have my pie back, now?" he asks huffily.

[sblock=Arthur]Edwyd scoffs at your claim about the destination of the parade, but he seems to believe that he promised you 50 gold each.[/sblock]

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

Arthur decisively gets in the pie's path and declares :

"I'm going to have to turn your request down. You are not Edwyd!"

OOC: We might need some music from Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney for this :lol: BTW, thanks for the hint, Medina :) He never DID specify the salary.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Edwyd" splutters and turns cherry red. "I- You- What?! You call me an imposter? I- I am most offended! I- Ah, I demand that pie! I demand it! You must give it to me! I must have it!" The large man before you is beginning to look downright mental.

A small crowd has begun to gather around the parade-turned-debacle. They keep a curious but cautious distance from what appears to be impending violence from the fake Edwyd.

OOC: Who is holding the pie? I believe Kaleva last passed it to Arthur, but I'd like to confirm.

epicbob

Explorer
OOC: After reviewing the previous posts, it IS me who's holding the pie...which isn't especially good considering I'm the one riling bizarro-Edwyd up...F-

Suddenly remembering he's holding the pie, he hands it to Kaleva before readying his quarterstaff.

He then says : "If you were truly Edwyd, you would KNOW that our salary was never specified! I lied about the 50 gold!"

With a slight edge to his voice, he continues : "Now, you can either stand down or we will be forced to do the same to you as we did to those canines!"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Edwyd" cowers before the angered Arthur. He falls flat on his rear and literally begins to tremble as Arthur brandishes his staff menacingly. Suddenly, "Edwyd" bursts into tears. "I'm sorry! It was just that it looked so delicious, I couldn't help myself! Truly, sir, I will leave you alone, I'm so sorry!"

As the tears stream down his face, you notice his cheeks sort of... melting, or smearing, or something. Then his body flickers, shrinking then immediately growing, then finally shrinking down to a still tall man but only of medium girth. His present garb now identifies him as a wizard, and his runny makeup makes him look all the more piteous, practically lying on the ground, a broken man.

Broken by the pie.

OOC: Actions?

OOG: Sorry for the delay, went on a surprise weekend trip.

epicbob

Explorer
Arthur Human Rogue 1

After calming down a bit, Arthur searches his memory for a short moment before asking :

"Rilithorne the wizard, I assume? I don't know what reputation you hold but I'm certain Edwyd will gladly give any paying customer his own pie."

He turns to leave while saying :

"Now if you will excuse us, we have a vital delivery."

OOC: I had a surprise weekend, too. Sadly, it involved my appendix and its removal. Now I have to sit on my ass and do nothing for about a month until the incision recovers.

Remove ads