Eerie but RPG inspiring Chernobyl pictorial site

Wormwood

Adventurer
Okay, time to dust off my old Twilight 2000 books and get to work on a d20 Modern version of Free City of Krakow...

edit: These would make perfect props for a post-apocalyptic zombie horror game. Which system to use, though: AFMBE or d20M?

Too many games, not enough time.

Last edited:

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Good lord.

I couldn't use that in a game either. It would feel like I was making light of the horror.
Thanks for sharing, though. It's very moving.

Wow.

I went to high school with a girl who lived right near that area. Not sure where exactly, but she said that pigs and stuff were born with three eyes and stuff, so it was obviously close enough to get nuked.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Here is a PDF of an analysis of birth defects caused by Chernobyl. And here is an article about birth defects in Finland which can be traced to Chernobyl.

This website discusses increased levels of radiation in the United States due to the Chernobly accident.

Finally, this page of links will take you to more depressing information about Chernobyl than you can shake a stick at.

Why am I sharing? I'm a librarian. I couldn't resist my impulse to provide more information.;)

heimdall

Dwarven Guardian
Thanks for posting the links. Sobering, but a good reminder of what hubris brings. Hopefully we will not repeat the same mistakes.

Rahkan

First Post
My god, its hard to believe that nuclear holocaust actually happened somewhere on this earth. I have this strange desire to go to Chernobyl now. Truly the most utterly amazing site I've seen in awhile

Rahkan

First Post
"oncological hospital has been working for 40 days after disaster, then head doctor died of cancer and people abandoned this hospital"

That could be a line from Alas Babylon or some other nuclear horror story. Damn, its just so unbelievable. The accounts of Chernobyl I've read in textbooks only gave numbers of dead, they never described things like this.

Remove ads