• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Effervescent Elixer of Health

Appleseeth

First Post
Ok I have finally finalized a magic item that allows characters to regain healing surges. Turns out it's a little too hight level for what I wanted it for, but oh well. Here it is, let me know that you think:

Effervescent Elixir of Health Level 12

The clear bottle shows a continuously bubbling liquid.
Wondrous Item 13,000 gp
Power (Daily • Healing): Standard Action. You or an adjacent ally takes in some of the bubbles coming out of the uncorked bottle. If given to a dying creature, that creature immediately stabilizes and can spend a healing surge to regain hit points or you or the adjacent ally regains one healing surge (your choice).

Syrsuro

First Post
Very similar to Keoghtam's Ointment, which also allows a character to regain a healing surge.

Both have their use, depending on what crisis is affecting the party.

But I'd be tempted to combine the two into a single item, thus giving the players their choice of which immediate curative effect (end disease or poison OR use a healing surge immediately) they want to use (if they don't use the regain healing surge option) - rather than create an entirely new item.

Carl

Appleseeth

First Post
It was the ointment that finally let me figure out what level this should be. I didn't want to mess with my players too much, saying that "oh, Keoghtom's Ointment does this too" as it was more likely they would just forget it. That would also involve raising the level of teh ointment as well, because it would be more powerful.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads