• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Egg gernades of dust

Xahn'Tyr

First Post
I notice that these require only a ranged touch attack and allow no saving throw to the victim hit. they are automatically blinded for d4 rounds. As a rogue, these seem pretty awsome. Sure the range increment is only 5ft, and yes you'd want to keep them in a padded place in your Haversack, but NO SAVE? Even Odin himself, hit with one of these, would have his one eye rendered useless (and open himself up to sneak attacks.).

Just seems a bit much for 10gp.

Xahn'Tyr

First Post
Heh, suppose I should have included that eh? They are an alchemical item from Oriental Adventures. Apparently an eggshell filled with some dust/ash type substance. They also make them with pepper, poison smoke, and other fun things; but the Dust ones are the only ones without a save.

If you take falling damage, they have to save or break in your pouch. They have a range increment of 5ft (and the dust has a splash effect so you want to be at least 10ft away). But still, it is a touch attack so even with a minimum -2 for range, it is an easy shot. And the "blinded d4 rounds with no save" just seems like a rogue's dream come true. So I thought maybe there was erratta, or maybe I was missing something. Guess not though. For 10gp you don't need to worry about bluffing, flanking, or any of that bothersome leaping about. Heck, it's worth it just to give everyone else a +2 to hit and total concealment!

Remove ads