• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Electronic Issues of Dragon Magazine from Paizo

Kaji

First Post
There was a notice here a week or three ago about advising that Paizo was offering some issues of Dragon magazine in electronic format. I promptly checked it out at www.paizo.com and purchased both issues available.

I was impressed by the way it was presented. Every issue article was a seperate .pdf file, complete with all the artwork and borders. Now, these would be ink hogs if you were interested in printing, but I almost never print electronic products, so that doesn't bother me much. I was eager to buy more. In fact, I looked forward to cancelling my Dragon subscription (which I was going to do anyway) and just buy electronic issues when I wanted them.

Alas, no further issues have been forthcoming, and I've not heard a peep about these on the boards at all. Did everyone miss this, or is there an alarmingly low interest?

Mercule

Adventurer
Didn't catch the announcement.

I'd be extremely interested in pdfs of Dungeon, though. Like "insta-subscribe" if I could search text, copy/paste, etc.

well, speaking only for myself, I'm not too psyched because I own the Dragon CD-Rom, which means I've already got PDFs of every issue up through 250. And I own hardcopies of every issue from 274 onward.

Now, if they start offering PDFs of the Dragon annuals, or of Dungeon Magazine, I'll be all over that like Paris Hilton on a wet bar.

Kaji

First Post
Agreed

Mercule said:
Didn't catch the announcement.

I'd be extremely interested in pdfs of Dungeon, though. Like "insta-subscribe" if I could search text, copy/paste, etc.

I guess for me that's an obvious next step, and I've love to see it. Then I could have many many excellent adventures on my laptop when I went to the game, and if inspiration failed me, I'd be good to go. Or maybe I could download one at the game if game suddenly takes a turn to a seaport, and I've got nothing to support it. That would be slick.

Kaji

First Post
That's a lovely image...

Mouseferatu said:
well, speaking only for myself, I'm not too psyched because I own the Dragon CD-Rom, which means I've already got PDFs of every issue up through 250. And I own hardcopies of every issue from 274 onward.

Now, if they start offering PDFs of the Dragon annuals, or of Dungeon Magazine, I'll be all over that like Paris Hilton on a wet bar.

Right, Dragon first, Dungeon second?

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
I have hard copies of every Dragon issue since 250, as well as the Dragon Archive (I got rid of my hard copies of issues 45-249 when I got the archive). I'd love to get 250+ on pdf. I hope they release most or all of them electronically.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Frankly: PDF Dragon? LAME

PDF dungeon adventures! ROCKIN'

I mean imagine if they pdf'ed every dungeon adventure and sold it individually. DM's who've already bought the magazine would get them just to print out the players aids and the like. DM's who don't buy the magazine because there's only one good adventure in there would buy them too.

I don't think it would work if they did it by the issue.

Glyfair

Explorer
Kaji said:
Alas, no further issues have been forthcoming, and I've not heard a peep about these on the boards at all. Did everyone miss this, or is there an alarmingly low interest?

My understanding is that Paizo was only granted permission from WotC to reprint issues of Dragon that have sold out. They also are "abridged" versions, since material is removed that they don't have permission to reprint.

Micah

First Post
if piazo is reading. . . .
I'd pay more for searchable .pdf than I would for the magazine subscriptions.

Storage is an issue for me. I'd much rather have something in an electronic version. My husband and I used to subscribe to both magazines, now we've scaled back to Dungeon due to space constraints.

If this ever becomes an option - you'd have our subscription.

Quickbeam

Explorer
Glyfair said:
My understanding is that Paizo was only granted permission from WotC to reprint issues of Dragon that have sold out. They also are "abridged" versions, since material is removed that they don't have permission to reprint.

Methinks you are correct.

I have a buddy who has the Dragon archive, which we narely ever use. But as others have noted herein, Dungeon in an electronic format would be wicked. :cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads