• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Elemental Body (Earth), Barbarian/Druid? Wizard? X?

Failedlegend

First Post
So uh yeah, I'd like to make a Melee character that shifts into an Earth Elemental when fighting wielding a giant 2-h bludgeoning weapon (DM says as long as I'm proficient and my earth elemental is humanoid this is not an issue)

My first instinct was to go Druid since "Wild Shape" includes elemental forms but there's not really any support for an "Earth" druid as opposed to say a Storm, Dragon or Bear Druid (only Paizo material allowed).

Whilst I was researching that some people brought up Titan Mauler (the "unofficial" errata mentioned by its creator specifically)

Errata: Massive Weapons (Ex): At 3rd level, a titan mauler becomes skilled in the use of massive weapons looted from her titanic foes. This allows her to use weapons designed for creatures larger than her size, always treating them as two-handed weapons and applying a cumulative -2 penalty on attack rolls per size category of difference. The total attack roll penalty is reduced by 1, and this reduction increases by 1 for every three levels beyond 3rd (to a minimum of 0). This ability replaces trap sense.

Anyways I think that Barbarian12/Druid8 would work ok allowing for Huge Elemental Form w/ Shaping focus wielding a Colossal Earth Breaker (6D8) w/ -1 penalty mixing both rage and Huge Earth Elly grants a +14 Str and +10 Con so thats pretty cool.

Flavour wise the character is a young "human" farmer who decides to join an infamous guild of thrill seeking adventures known to turn wimps into heroes and he's always had an odd connection to the land. It turns out his bloodline has a touch of elemental earth in it. The closest Pathfinder race I found was Oread which seems similar to earth genasi.

So yeah I could use some help fleshing that out or possible suggesting something entirely different. Stat wise will probably be a low pointbuy since were all supposed to be normal citizens to start but the DM has not decided exactly yet.

Remove ads