• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ELEMENTAL EVIL Player's Companion - FREE!

The Elemental Evil Player's Companion is available for free download over at DTRPG (and RPGNow). It includes new races (aarakocra, deep gnome, genasi, and goliath) and ove 40 new spells. The PDF is a full-colour 25-page PDF; according to the first page, the genasi in chapter 1 and all of the spells in chapter 2 also appear in the appendices of Princes of the Apocalypse, the adventure due to hit store shelves very soon.

The Elemental Evil Player's Companion is available for free download over at DTRPG (and RPGNow). It includes new races (aarakocra, deep gnome, genasi, and goliath) and ove 40 new spells. The PDF is a full-colour 25-page PDF; according to the first page, the genasi in chapter 1 and all of the spells in chapter 2 also appear in the appendices of Princes of the Apocalypse, the adventure due to hit store shelves very soon.

"Not inherently evil, elemental power can be mastered by those with both malevolent and benign intentions. The Elemental Evil Player’s Companion provides everything players need to build a character that is tied directly into the Elemental Evil storyline.

New race options include the aarakocra, deep gnome, genasi, and goliath. Additionally, a plethora of new spells put the elements directly at your command.

The Elemental Evil Player’s Companion, was original designed by Richard Baker, Robert J. Schwalb and Stephen Schubert, with additional design and development by Wizards D&D R&D.

This accessory is specifically meant to support the Elemental Evil–Princes of the Apocalypse adventure product."

145542.jpg

Sacrosanct

Legend
I don't have to be grateful just because something is free.

I would rather pay money for stuff I will use then get stuff I won't use for free.

Did I miss something? WoTC isn't forcing this upon you, giving you something you won't use. It's just there for those who want it. Don't like it? Fine, don't use it. It's that simple. But to complain about not getting enough of something that is freely given strikes me as very....selfish.

IchneumonWasp

Explorer
I'm excited to see this, but I am a bit disappointed as well. In general I love it that they are adding more races and I'm very happy to see the Goliath and Genasi return, although mechanically of all races only the Goliath really excite me. The Deep Gnomes seem a bit underpowered to me. I'm happy with the Aarakocra and the possibility of adding them to a Dark Sun campaign.

I'm disappointed we only got spells and not more class options, like sub classes for clerics, wizards and sorcerers. Elemental domains, an elementalist subclass for wizard and a non-draconic elemental heritage for sorcerer all seemed like logical additions. Especially for sorcerers, I feel there is a need for more sub-classes that aren't dragon flavored or too dependent on random stuff like with Wild Magic.

The spells themselves look good, I guess. I like Frostbite and Iceknife as spells and am considering playing an ice sorcerer.

Sailor Moon

Banned
Banned
Did I miss something? WoTC isn't forcing this upon you, giving you something you won't use. It's just there for those who want it. Don't like it? Fine, don't use it. It's that simple. But to complain about not getting enough of something that is freely given strikes me as very....selfish.

Then how about they put out more product and give me something that I will use?

I'm complaining about not getting enough product that I will pay for.

If this is where most of their attention is spent and that's all they could come up with then we better see something that is awesome in the near future.

Chocolategravy

First Post
Some people would rather get something good they pay for than have the company spend it's time making garbage for free instead. It seems that this is really just a way to get people to buy the elemental evil path, which is fine, but it also does seem like the sort of power creep we were getting with the less strictly edited Dragon material rather than the official splat books.

graves3141

First Post
It is interesting, that the size of the PDF at the wizards page is bigger, than the one at DTRPG ;)

The images in the document are a bit sharper and darker in the WotC version too, maybe more hi-res... I can't page through the WotC version quite as easily either, but I have a slow computer.

Tormyr

Hero
Some people would rather get something good they pay for than have the company spend it's time making garbage for free instead. It seems that this is really just a way to get people to buy the elemental evil path, which is fine, but it also does seem like the sort of power creep we were getting with the less strictly edited Dragon material rather than the official splat books.

I get what you are saying, but I am not sure if this is necessarily the same kind of power creep that prior editions have seen with splat books. The options that I have looked over so far seem to be on par with what is available in the PHB.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads