• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ELEMENTAL EVIL Player's Companion - FREE!

The Elemental Evil Player's Companion is available for free download over at DTRPG (and RPGNow). It includes new races (aarakocra, deep gnome, genasi, and goliath) and ove 40 new spells. The PDF is a full-colour 25-page PDF; according to the first page, the genasi in chapter 1 and all of the spells in chapter 2 also appear in the appendices of Princes of the Apocalypse, the adventure due to hit store shelves very soon.

The Elemental Evil Player's Companion is available for free download over at DTRPG (and RPGNow). It includes new races (aarakocra, deep gnome, genasi, and goliath) and ove 40 new spells. The PDF is a full-colour 25-page PDF; according to the first page, the genasi in chapter 1 and all of the spells in chapter 2 also appear in the appendices of Princes of the Apocalypse, the adventure due to hit store shelves very soon.

"Not inherently evil, elemental power can be mastered by those with both malevolent and benign intentions. The Elemental Evil Player’s Companion provides everything players need to build a character that is tied directly into the Elemental Evil storyline.

New race options include the aarakocra, deep gnome, genasi, and goliath. Additionally, a plethora of new spells put the elements directly at your command.

The Elemental Evil Player’s Companion, was original designed by Richard Baker, Robert J. Schwalb and Stephen Schubert, with additional design and development by Wizards D&D R&D.

This accessory is specifically meant to support the Elemental Evil–Princes of the Apocalypse adventure product."

145542.jpg

neobolts

Explorer
Races are pretty solid! Though I still prefer the "beautiful plumage" art of the aarakocra, I suppose that image is just an internet search away, and the critters are recognizably aarakocra, despite all the additional story details about elemental earth and the wind dukes of aaqa that I'm a little "meh" on.

The description mentions them being colored like actual birds: males as being wildly colorful and the females more subdued in coloration. So the pictured bird is intended as female.

This apparently dates back to 2e, according to Echohawk's Aarakocra ENCylopedia entry.

CapnZapp

Legend
Any chance of a hassle and hoop free download link?

You know, where you click a link and then your document is downloaded, full stop.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I believe Ramaster meant aasimar as allowed AL races.

I don't believe aakocra are among the allowed AL races, either....?

The description mentions them being colored like actual birds: males as being wildly colorful and the females more subdued in coloration. So the pictured bird is intended as female.

Good catch! I suppose it's about time the lady aakocra got an image -- and without a "birdboobs" controversy! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bagpuss

Legend
I can see why Aarakocra aren't allowed in the AL, who wants to deal with 3D combat before you have to, it's also a cheap fix for a lot of challenges you could set an adventuring party.

Roger

First Post
Skywrite may be my new favourite spell. I'll be casting that all day, every day.

No, you can't use it to write a glyph of insanity, but nice try.

Remathilis

Legend
Woot! Goliath is back! (Though the rolled DR thing seems wonky). Its also nice to have genasi back. I'm neutral about aarakroca and deep gnomes (don't care either way) but seeing some of those classic D&D spells back (dust devil! minute meteors! Abi-dazim getting credit for his spell again) makes me very happy.

WotC can release these things every 6 months and I'll be a happy camper.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
25 pages? I remember Mearls saying there were around 300 pages. Maybe more to come? At least it is released in March like it was supposed to.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads