Elemental Evil Player's Companion Now Available in Print!

Drivethru is offering a POD version of the Elemental Evil Player's Companion (premium and standard). While that's awesome all by itself, I'm hoping it means that older titles will become POD as well. Nice find. $8.00 is way cheaper than OfficeMax was willing to charge ($15) to print the same thing. I hope too that some of the modules and softcovers become PoD, but I'm not sure about the...

Drivethru is offering a POD version of the Elemental Evil Player's Companion (premium and standard).

While that's awesome all by itself, I'm hoping it means that older titles will become POD as well.

Nice find. $8.00 is way cheaper than OfficeMax was willing to charge ($15) to print the same thing.

I hope too that some of the modules and softcovers become PoD, but I'm not sure about the hardcovers/box sets.

Ghost Matter

Explorer
You have a point with regard to the price of the books; however, availability still suffers. Purchasing it in Standard colour would be less than half of that price, but, of course, quality would suffer. However...Long-term prospects of increased printing from POD and therefore decreased costs, supply and demand, is outside this topic. And for years in the future. I can see POD becoming how all or most books are printed, though.

And speaking personally, if I could get a mint copy of some of the books in my library that are now ragged; some extremely ragged...But that isn't even RPGs.
I definitely understand. I love having pristine books but my financial reality precludes it so I just love with it.

Mine arrived today:
View attachment 68274
Stupid Canada Post.
:mad:

It shipped on the 20th, so that's 14 business days en route to the Great White North. Not bad.
The quality looks good. The pages are plain and non-glossy, much like the Tyranny of Dragons books, so the colours are a little muted. But everything looks solid and crisp.
The bottom centimeter of the book is oddly blurred, as if the image wasn't large enough and had to be stretched to fit the book. Which doesn't make much sense as the PDF image is plenty big enough. Print error? Bad file?

It has not yet arrived. Based on other delivery times, this is not unusual. However, based on watching other packages, I doubt it is taking a route that could be described as "direct".

If anyone is interested, the shipping notification arrived on the 20th, the book has not arrived yet.
The book arrived today. It appears to be well-made, the printing looks good, the front and back cover look bungled.

The bottom half-inch of the front cover looks smeared. And the left half of the back cover is abstract black and grey polygons.

Does anyone know if it's possible to request a refund? 1/5. If WotC wants people to ignore their POD offerings, this is a good start. The other book I ordered from Drivethru has no such flaws.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The book arrived today. It appears to be well-made, the printing looks good, the front and back cover look bungled.

The bottom half-inch of the front cover looks smeared. And the left half of the back cover is abstract black and grey polygons.

Does anyone know if it's possible to request a refund? 1/5. If WotC wants people to ignore their POD offerings, this is a good start. The other book I ordered from Drivethru has no such flaws.

Mine is fine. You just got a misprinted copy. DTRPG will sort you out - drop 'em a line.

carmachu

Explorer
WotC and DrivethruRPG are offering a print-on-demand version of the Elemental Evil Player's Companion (premium and standard qualities) for $9.99.

This. A thousand times this. Its great that they offer free PDF's and such, but some of us dont have a use for PDF's. But I'll greatly shell out money for print on demand. Done so before, will do so again.

Remove ads

Remove ads