• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Elementalists (IC)

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: See, the Monk knows how to kill it!

Once again, the monk manages to splatter his target in two hits, and once again, it explodes, sending shards of lava all around it. Fortunately, the party members are too far away to get hit. Unfortunately, the only Mephit close enough is the last Magma Mephit, and it's not phased in the slightest. Except that the third attack from the monk hits it, drawing it's attention.

Greenmtn

Explorer
Vimak checks to see where the other swarms are in relation to the alley that he is planning to descend into, not wanting to charge headlong into another battle.

Once he feels like he has his bearings he slows to turn, trying to not be obvious in allowing the Mephits to close some before he descends to the alley as he starts chirping and cawing an incantation.

Into the Alley he goes, trying to keep his pursuers about 40-50ft behind him.

OOC: The spell I am casting is Hail of Thorns(Bonus action) to use on a future attack. Let me know if they follow me into the alley or not so I can respond appropriately. Soon as they get close enough together for the spell to be useful against at least 1 or 2 of them I am going to take my shot.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Xobru tries to dodge the mephits' attack, but is not fast enough. The sticky mud weighs the elf down, restraining him and causing the spell he was casting to go awry.

Hadar the octopus shakes one free tentacle at the mephits, and one could swear his gaze focusing on the winged creatures with malign intelligence.

OOC: Dex save 1: [roll0]
Dex save 2: [roll1]

I rolled for Eldritch blast (which missed) but if I'm restrained I believe I cannot cast it.

Casting Eldritch Blast: attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3] and push up to 10 feet away.

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Greenmnt, are you readying your action, then? Fire when two or more come in range?

Vimak lands in the alley, spell done, and turns and waits. His speed grants him a moment of rest as the mephits try to catch up to him.

Xobru is stuck fast, unable to cast his spell.

Lola and Jord, you're up!

Fenris

Adventurer
As Jord passes through the doorway, he is encased in mud, and then blasted with fire. Jord hadn't even seen what was out there yet. As he is burned and stuck, Jord looks to the sky and his eyes narrow. "Ok, then. Let's see how you handle the might of the Warrior." With that Jord strikes his warhammer against his shield. As the metallic ringing emanates out a second, glowing warhammer appears next to one of the magma mephits and strikes against it with a resounding, and satisfying, thud.

tglassy

Adventurer
The last Magma Mephit explodes into a shower of lava, which hits all three mud Mephits once more! (This one was closer than the last one).

OOC: Lola! Make your Dex save!

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=2820]Fenris[/MENTION], noted. [MENTION=6855102]Greenmtn[/MENTION], not this turn. But you can use your reaction to take your action if/when two or more Mephits come in to range.

Lola still has her action, and then we can move on. If I don't hear from her by this afternoon, I'll move forward, and she can catch up. No biggie.

Remove ads