• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Elementals and 4E: All Evil?

Cadfan

First Post
The impression I got was that the further down the elemental vortex/abyss/thing you got, the more evil you find. Presumably, things aren't so bad at the top.

Nymrohd

First Post
Well archons are military creation of the primordials and are still on war with the gods. They are not rampaging evil like the demons nor are they evil per se. They just have a solid philosophical reason for destroying the world. Titans now seem to be elemental beings and they seem to be interested in expanding the reach of their specific elemental within the Chaos and even the World if they so can. That is not necessarily evil; for them their element is an ideal state of being after all.
As for old-school elementals, well they don't exist. Elemental creatures exist but they are far more diverse and they seem to be part of their plane's ecology. So that would make them unaligned.

Wolfwood2

Explorer
Nymrohd said:
As for old-school elementals, well they don't exist. Elemental creatures exist but they are far more diverse and they seem to be part of their plane's ecology. So that would make them unaligned.

Pretty sure the elemental archon article explicitly said that old school elementals do exist.

Anthtriel

First Post
From the information we have so far, evil-aligned creatures are very rare. If I'm not mistaken, all we have so far are demons, devils, and one blood of vol cult member.

Thus, I expect only very few, if any, evil-aligned elemental creatures. If the City of Brass is really such a big deal, then it can be assumed that even Efreeti aren't out to murder the PCs. Though they surely wouldn't mind much, if there is enough to gain.

And given that metallic dragons are not automatically benevolent anymore, I'd except no good-aligned elementals whatsoever. Infact, I'd be quite suprised if there are many good-aligned creatures to begin with. Perhaps only the angels. That way, the combat stats of nearly every creature in the Monster Manual can be used.

Einan

First Post
I actually think the idea of irritable, if not evil outsiders, is great. I figure most outsiders should be inscrutable, and at best, have their own agendas. They should be quick to anger and quick to forgive, but by then, the damage is done. They should be, in a word, alien in thought and motive, which should add to the sense that PCs are really on their own in this crazy, mixed up world. Which does make me happy.

Einan

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads