• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Elishar and Toldoth in PoL/4th ed.

The Ubbergeek2

First Post
I wonder if I got the spellings right, but...

I have the idea of incorporating a somewhat 'heretical' dualistic faith (well, series of related faiths and cults) directly based on persian faiths and the duality Elishar and Toldoth directly, straight from Deities & Demigods 3rd edition in a PoL world. However, I wonder how to fluff it sensefully with teh way the gods, Astral and all planes, and faith work now?

Someone have an idea how to ties it to PoL model? What are Elishar and Toldoth, where do they come from, relation to gods and the universe, etc..?

shamsael

First Post
I wonder if I got the spellings right, but...

I have the idea of incorporating a somewhat 'heretical' dualistic faith (well, series of related faiths and cults) directly based on persian faiths and the duality Elishar and Toldoth directly, straight from Deities & Demigods 3rd edition in a PoL world. However, I wonder how to fluff it sensefully with teh way the gods, Astral and all planes, and faith work now?

Someone have an idea how to ties it to PoL model? What are Elishar and Toldoth, where do they come from, relation to gods and the universe, etc..?

Do you mean Elishar and Toldoth would be the only deities in the campaign?

I'm curious how you will handle domains. Will they be divided between the two deities? Will there be overlap?

The Ubbergeek2

First Post
No,. both would be a part of a dualistic faith(s) that live ALONG the pantheons and gods.

How can such 'alternate spiritualities' can live along the PoL pantheon (others could be, like, the Kalashtar Path), and how to explain this, and what they are? That is what I wonder.

Is there, by example, a principle of Light and another of Darkness transcending the deities?

Someone

Adventurer
AFAIK there are not any overdeity or principle along or over the gods, but if you decide to inlcude it I don't see where the problem could be. There are next to zero mechanical problems with any deity arrangement you could imagine for your campaing, so you're free to decide what deities or forces exist and the relationship between them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads