Elysium Squad IC

Bront

The man with the probe
"I know not Eva, for I find the weight of such things to confining." says Brother Ray. "But I am sure you will find how it suits you best."

A soft, holy glow envelops Brother Ray as he smiles. It is oddly comforting and reassuring allong with the the gentile smile of the simple man.

Fenris

Adventurer
As the last of the amber flames rises and falls, Yavarin turns to his companions "Well fellow Pelorians, we are in the land of Fenneress. Beyond the mountains behind me lies Quehalost. From where we are there are several ways to enter that accursed land. Each has their own dangers and pitfalls. The safest route lies over that pass there," Yavarin points to a pair of the highest peaks, "between the high peaks dusted with snow. It is slow, but relatively safe, if cold. Farther below that lies a second route. It is less chilly and faster, but the warmth draws evil there like a moth to the flame. I shall not mention the last route. We are not in such a hurry that we need risk that path. My own opinion is that we take the second route. We may encounter some marauders, but I am confident that Pelor will guide us through safely."

NF:
[sblock] What elevation are we at? Latitude? and what general biomes are we in and expect to be traveling through? Also what time of year is it?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
"Confronting evil is what we are here to do, but would that not alert others of our presence here?" Brother Ray asks.

Fenris

Adventurer
"Brother Ray, we are but the eyes and ears for the vengeful hand of Pelor that will follow. Our job is to see and hear first and foremost. As to alerting others. Well, unless there is a tremendous amount of organization that creeps this close to Fenneress, I doubt it. The creatures that inhabit these mountains are not sentenials, rather they are inhabitants of chance that find travellers, and each other, tasty. In any case they can only alert others if they live."

Bront

The man with the probe
Brother Ray shrugs. "Pelor leads me to wander with you, and so I shall till he leads different."

He looks over towards the forrest, "I should write a letter to mother, let her know where I am and that I am safe."

Nonlethal Force

First Post
As the party discusses, a strong gust of air blows through the small and unsheltered plateau of land that the party stands upon. The gust is enough to toss hair, capes, and robes around for several seconds. As quickly as it came, it quiets and the party is once again alone on the plataeu staring around them.

This gust is an obvious reminder to everyone that even though it is early spring, the elements can be strong at times.

engrishonly

First Post
Eva seems mostly lost to her own thoughts. And then, with an impatient look, she says, "To the path, then, and into Quehalost! How can we afford to wait any longer? Pelor does not send me to shrink from the face of Darkness!"

Eva lifts her spear in front of her, and lets its pendant catch whatever wind is left. Looking up at the pendant as it catches less and less wind, Eva says to herself quietly, "Father always said There's no time like right now..."

Ferrix

Explorer
As the flames subside around Kiera, she looks upon the others that will be lead into the dark of Quehalost, the thought causes her to clench her fists tightly for a moment. When she realizes the tension in her body, she breathes out deeply relaxing.

The others are already here, and it seems one knows where he will lead us.

"My name is Kiera Solstrom, daughter of the blazing sun. Let us not delay."

Fenris

Adventurer
"If you are all so eager to race to your death rather than to the service of Pelor, I can show you the fastest way. But our mission lies within Quehalost. Save your zeal" with a sharp look at Eva "for what lies within, not what lies along the way. The trials we face getting in are insignificant to those we shall face once in. But death come easily and often in these lands, be not in a hurry to embrace it."

Remove ads